We're gradually updating threat actor names in our reports to align with the new weather-themed taxonomy. Learn about Microsoft threat actor names
Aliases: No associated aliases
- Microsoft Defender Antivirus for Windows 10 and Windows 8.1, or Microsoft Security Essentials for Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
You should also run a full scan. A full scan might find other, hidden malware.
Additional remediation instructions for this threat
This threat might make lasting changes to your PC's settings that won't be restored when it's cleaned. The following links can help change these settings back to what you want:
- Restore security settings to a known working state
- Reset Internet Explorer settings
- Change security and privacy settings for Internet Explorer
- Change the home page and search provider in Internet Explorer
- Enable Distributed COM (DCOM) using DCOMCNFG.EXE
Get more help
If you’re using Windows XP, see our Windows XP end of support page.