Aliases: Trojan.Siggen6.1747 (other) Trojan.Win32.KillAV (other) Win32/Boaxxe.BE (other)
Windows Defender detects and removes this threat.
They can be installed by other malware, including members of the Win32/Fareit family, or installed on your PC from a spam email attachment.
Use the following free Microsoft software to detect and remove this threat:
- Windows Defender Antivirus for Windows 10 and Windows 8.1, or Microsoft Security Essentials for Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
You should also run a full scan. A full scan might find other, hidden malware.
Remove browser add-ons
You may need to remove add-ons from your browser:
- Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer
- Disable or remove Add-ons in Firefox
- Uninstall extensions in Chrome
Get more help
If you’re using Windows XP, see our Windows XP end of support page.