Aliases: BackDoor-EEC.gen (McAfee) W32/Smalldoor.JDXX (Norman)
Recovering from recurring infections on a network
Ensure that an antivirus product is installed on ALL machines connected to the network that can access or host shares (see above for further detail).
Ensure that all available network shares are scanned with an up-to-date antivirus product.
Restrict permissions as appropriate for network shares on your network. For more information on simple access control, please see: http://technet.microsoft.com/library/bb456977.aspx.
Remove any unnecessary network shares or mapped drives.
Additional recovery steps related to Worm:Win32/Autorun.NH
- Resetting System Security Settings to default for Windows XP and Vista: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222
- Correctly disabling Autorun in Windows: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953252
- Recreating a clean HOSTS file: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034
- For other support and help related articles, go to:
- Windows 7: http://support.microsoft.com/gp/windows7
- Windows Vista: http://support.microsoft.com/ph/11732
- Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/ph/1173
- Microsoft Security TechNet Center: http://technet.microsoft.com/security/default.aspx