Resources for More Information
If you are interested in additional information about disabilities and assistive technology products, we recommend the following resources and conferences:
- The Assistive Technology Industry Association (ATIA), is a not-for-profit membership group of organizations that manufacture or sell technology-based assistive devices for people with disabilities, or provide services associated with or required by people with disabilities.
- Business Leadership Network (BLN), is an employer-led venture of the U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Disability Employment Policy, that promotes best practices to enhance employment opportunities for candidates with disabilities. The BLN provides resources and information to employers committed to the best disability employment practices, accessible products, and exceptional service to customers with disabilities. Local BLN membership chapters offer opportunities to network and local events.
- Equal Access to Software and Information (EASI), has extensive courseware and training for IT professionals who need to learn more about accessible technology.
- The Job Accommodation Network (JAN), represents the most comprehensive resource for job accommodations available, enhancing the job opportunities of people with disabilities by providing information on job accommodations since 1984. In 1991, JAN expanded to provide information on the Americans with Disabilities Act. JAN provides an international toll-free consulting service that provides information about job accommodations and the employability of people with disabilities.
- Microsoft Developer Network, Accessible Technology, provides resources for developers on how to create accessible technology.