| About this Course |
This course provides IT Professionals with the knowledge and skills to support the Windows Vista operating system and applications in the Enterprise. You will learn how to configure and troubleshoot the following technical areas for Windows Vista computers:
- Operating system
| Audience Profile |
This course is intended for experienced enterprise-level IT professionals who focus on a broad range of desktop operating system, desktop application, mobile device, networking, and hardware support issues. As a working professional, you must combine technical expertise with problem-solving and decision-making skills and a deep understanding of your business and technical environments to resolve support issues quickly. You consider all variables, justify resolutions with a logical troubleshooting approach, and relate tradeoffs to business and technical requirements and constraints.
You will have used Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (SP2) and may have experience with Windows Server operating systems. Your job requires you to stay knowledgeable and skilled on new versions and updates of technology as defined by the business environment.
| At Course Completion |
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install Windows Vista in an Enterprise.
- Describe and troubleshoot the Windows Vista boot process.
- Configure and troubleshoot network connections.
- Manage Windows Vista desktop systems.
- Manage user profiles and data for Windows Vista portable and desktop computers.
- Maintain and monitor Windows Vista performance and health.
- Configure and troubleshoot Windows Vista Security feature settings.
- Configure security settings to protect data on Windows Vista desktops.
- Configure security for Windows Vista networks.
- Configure Windows Vista to support remote users.
- Troubleshoot operating system and application issues.
- Troubleshoot hardware on Windows Vista computers.
- Manage applications using Group Policy.