| About this Course |
The one-day Microsoft Dynamics GP Receivables Management course explores the accounting cycle and the processes required to enter invoices and receive payments from customers. This course shows you how to perform additional functions such as credit memos, prepayments, small balance write off, print customer statements, enter and void scheduled payments, and month-end closing procedures. You will also learn to set terms for calculating document discount dates and due dates, use balance forward and open-item statements, and apply any mix of the comprehensive service and finance charges available.
| Audience Profile |
This course is intended for anyone wanting to learn the basic features and to develop a working knowledge of the typical day-to-day procedures required to effectively use Microsoft Dynamics GP Receivables Management.
Receivables Management training is recommended for anyone who plans to implement, use, maintain, consult, or support Microsoft Dynamics GP. The class is targeted toward data entry clerks, administrators, office managers, and consultants who need to understand the technical aspects of Receivables Management and gain foundational knowledge of the application functionality.
| At Course Completion |
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Perform all Receivables Management related data entry functions including customer invoicing, customer payment application and recurring invoices.
- Perform maintenance on Receivables Management documents and maintenance records such as customers, customer classes and scheduled payments.
- Apply payments and prepayments to customer balances or against specific invoices.
- Print standard reports for audit trail purposes, financial analysis and to verify data entry.
- Troubleshoot and correct input errors including an incorrect posting date or incorrect document amounts.
- Perform month-end procedures including aging customer documents, closing statement cycles and printing customer statements.