| About this Course |
This two-day instructor-led course, Data Upgrade and Code Upgrade from Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision 3.70 to Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1, is targeted at Microsoft Dynamics NAV software developers and administrators responsible for (or interested in) upgrading customers (or ISV add-ons) from Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision 3.70, Microsoft Dynamics NAV 4.0, or Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0, to Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1.
This course provides students with the necessary tools to help them perform an upgrade from Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision 3.70, Microsoft Dynamics NAV 4.0, or Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0, to Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1. This includes planning and performing data and code upgrades of Microsoft Dynamics NAV with customizations, in addition to testing the upgraded solution. The training is designed to offer the students best practices to address the typical pain points of an upgrade.
Classroom instruction, together with hands-on labs, VPC images and a student training manual, will help students in performing an upgrade.
| Audience Profile |
This course is intended for Microsoft Dynamics NAV software developers and project managers with medium to advanced Microsoft Dynamics NAV competence, and that have no or little experience in upgrading Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
| At Course Completion |
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain and use Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step methodology.
- Explain the upgrade workflow.
- Estimate and plan the upgrade project.
- Set up environments for the upgrade.
- Perform code upgrade and test the results.
- Perform object transformation and test the results.
- Perform menu transformation and create Role Centers.
- Deploy the upgraded objects in the RoleTailored Client.
- Perform trial data upgrade and test the results.
- Migrate a native database to the Microsoft SQL Server option.
- Optimize the upgraded solution's performance.
- Perform the pre-production upgrade.
- Perform end-to-end testing of the upgraded solution.
- Deploy the upgraded solution (perform the production upgrade).