| About this Course |
This one-day instructor-led course provides students with an introduction to Microsoft Dynamics AX2012. The purpose of this course is to give new users an overview of the benefits of the application, the functionality available, and the underlying technology. Students will have the opportunity to use the application to perform typical end-user tasks.
| Audience Profile |
The intended audience is new users typically working for a Microsoft Dynamics partner that is selling, consulting, implementing, and supporting Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
| At Course Completion |
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand that Microsoft Dynamics AX provides a powerful solution.
- Understand that Microsoft Dynamics AX provides an agile solution.
- Understand that Microsoft Dynamics AX provides a simple solution.
- Understand that Microsoft Dynamics AX provides a unified solution from Microsoft.
- Understand the industry focus for Microsoft Dynamics AX2012.
- Understand the broad functionality provided in Microsoft Dynamics AX2012.
- Describe the components of the rich client user interface.
- Navigate the Microsoft Dynamics AX menu structure.
- Find a customer in the customer list page.
- Create a sales order.
- Create an alert rule.
- Update a sales order to shipped.
- View details of a selected field.
- Invoice a sales order.
- Use the Help.
- Personalize a form.
- Post a customer payment.
- Use workflows.
- Submit a workflow.
- Describe quick navigation tips.
- Describe the types of end-users who use Enterprise Portal.
- Describe the functionality available to users on Enterprise Portal.
- Describe the components of Enterprise Portal user interface.
- Describe the Reporting and BI needs of different types of users.
- Describe the tools available to view and analyze data in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Create an advanced filter.
- Save a filter as a cue on the role center.
- Build a report in Microsoft Excel.
- Create and use a template in Microsoft Word.
- View a standard report.
- Schedule a report to be emailed periodically.
- Modify and add KPIs to a role center.
- Create a pivot table using OLAP cubes.
- Describe other reporting options available with Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Describe the organizational structure in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Describe basic data setup and configuration.
- Setup a new user in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Create a definition group.
- Import data using Microsoft Excel.
- Describe the components of the System Architecture of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- Describe the options for making development changes in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
Describe the theory of Model Driven Architecture in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.