| About this Course |
About this Course: This course guides students through the complete setup and data entry for the Human resources module in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2. Students will learn how to use the Human resources module to track worker setup, absences, performance, compensation, and benefits. Additionally students will learn to maintain jobs and positions and recruit for open positions.
| Audience Profile |
This training material is intended for experienced Microsoft Dynamics AX users who want to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot in Microsoft Dynamics AX Human Resources Management.
| At Course Completion |
The training material completion objectives are for individuals to:
- Distinguish between types of organizational units.
- Set up an organizational structure.
- Link people to positions in the organization.
- Set up new employees and edit information for existing employees.
- Manage information related to both internal employees and external contacts.
- Manage employee affiliations.
- Work with payroll information and benefits.
- Grant equipment and asset loans to employees.
- Handle employee information such as courses, educations, and certificates.
- Set up recruitment projects.
- Move an applicant and his or her application through the recruitment process.
- Use recruitment reports.
- Set up the absence structure.
- Perform the major processes within absence management.
- Use the absence analysis tools.
- Pinpoint where, how, and why skills are used in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Set up skills and skill types.
- Register skills for employees.
- Use the skill mapping functionality.
- Structure and implement goals.
- Use appraisal interviews.
- Identify the basic actors in the course management structure (courses, participants, locations and instructors).
- Manage the process life cycle of a course, from design and deployment, through registration and execution, to evaluation.
- Manage participants.
- Access the HR functionality on the Enterprise Portal.
- Set up different users for Employee Services on the Enterprise Portal.
- Use the employee self service features from the employee viewpoint.
- Use the employee self service functionality from the line manager viewpoint.
- Use the employee self service functionality from the absence approver viewpoint.
- Perform the major processes within Competence Management.
- Identify the connection between compensation and employee performance.