| About this Course |
This two-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to use the intermediate and advanced functionality of the product configuration feature in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. The course focuses on basic setup, building a product configuration model, preparing a product configuration model for release, and configuring lines on the AX client and the Enterprise Portal.
| Audience Profile |
This course is intended for partners and customers who want to learn the intermediate and advanced features and develop a working knowledge of the processes that are required to effectively use the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Product Configuration functionality.
This course is intended for product designers, order processors, and other people in organizations that are responsible for the setup and administration of product configuration models and those who configure product lines.
| At Course Completion |
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the product configuration terminology and concepts.
- Describe the product configuration process.
- Perform the setup for product configuration.
- Build a product configuration model.
- Customize the configuration user interface.
- Validate and test a product configuration model.
- Build configuration templates.
- Add configuration translations.
- Create, approve, and activate versions for a product configuration model.
- Configure lines by using the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 AX client and the Enterprise portal.