| About this Course |
This one-day course explores the accounting cycle and the processes required to enter invoices and receive payments from customers. This course shows how to perform additional functions such as credit memos, prepayments, small balance write-offs, print customer statements, reverse and void payments, and month-end closing. Also included in the course are: setting terms for calculating document discount dates and due dates, using balance forward and open-item statements, and applying any mix of the comprehensive service and finance charges available.
| Audience Profile |
This course is intended for anyone who plans to implement, use, maintain, consult, or support Microsoft Dynamics SL 2011. The class is targeted toward data entry clerks, administrators, office managers, and consultants who need to understand the technical aspects of Accounts Receivable and gain foundational knowledge of the application functionality.
| At Course Completion |
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Perform all Accounts Receivable related data entry functions including customer invoicing, customer payment application, and recurring invoices.
- Perform maintenance on Accounts Receivable documents and maintenance records such as customers, customer classes, and recurring invoices.
- Apply payments and prepayments to customer balances or against specific invoices.
- Print standard reports for audit trail purposes and financial analysis and to verify data entry.
- Identify the impact of the Accounts Receivable module on other modules.
- Troubleshoot and correct operator input errors including incorrect period to post, incorrect document amounts, or dates and incorrect or unnecessary documents.
- Perform month-end procedures including aging customer documents, closing statement cycles, and printing customer statements.