Astrologaster is a comedy game set in Shakespeare’s London. Play as 'Doctor' Simon Forman and treat his patients using astrology. A story-driven adventure based on a truly ridiculous story. Play as ‘Doctor’ Simon Forman - unlicensed medical professional and astrologer - and help him win a medical licence. Explore Forman’s life, his work, and his relationships with his clients. Make story choices by performing astrological readings. Choose strategically or make decisions just for fun - but be aware that your choices will have consequences (and unpredictable side effects!) 13 clients come to see you 5-7 times seeking advice for personal, professional and medical problems. By examining the stars in the sky, you diagnose and determine answers for your clients’ problems. As well as affecting the storyline, these choices will alter your clients’ satisfaction levels. Satisfied clients will write you letters of recommendation, and with enough of these letters you can obtain a medical licence from the University of Cambridge. So-called “real” (licensed) doctors call Forman a quack and fraud. Help Forman prove these medical establishment elitists wrong!
- Perform real* astrology: Examine the sky and choose astrological interpretations that Forman will use to advise his patients. (But remember: astrology is not an exact science!)
- Solve Hilarious Problems: Consult on problems ranging from Elizabethan terror plots and foul diseases, to romantic entanglements and stolen pies!
- Change Lives: Win your patients’ favour or ruin their lives. Advise 14 characters who return 5-7 times. Patients have their own ongoing stories which often overlap with each other.
- Win A Medical Licence: Convince patients to write letters of recommendations. Collect enough letters to exchange them for a medical licence.
- Fully Voiced Character Dialogue: Sitcom-style comedy brought to life by a cast of over a dozen actors.
- Sing Along: Enjoy Renaissance-era music and sing along to each character’s theme song.
- Casebooks Come Alive: Simon Forman’s cases are presented as a beautiful pop-up book. Turn pages to delve deeper into your patients’ stories.