Troubleshoot the Wireless Adapter for Typing Covers
If your Surface Cover doesn’t seem to be working when the Wireless Adapter for Typing Covers is attached, try these solutions.
Surface Pro 2, Surface 2, Surface Pro, Surface RT.
- Solution 1: Make sure the Wireless Adapter is turned on and attached to a Cover
- Solution 2: Check the charge on the adapter
- Solution 3: Make sure the adapter is paired to the Surface you are using
- Solution 4: Work closer to the Surface
- Solution 5: Make sure the Cover you are using works
- Solution 6: Install the latest updates
- Solution 7: Run an automated troubleshooter
- Solution 8: Check for interference
Solution 1: Make sure the Wireless Adapter is turned on and attached to a Cover
When the Wireless Adapter is on and connected to a Typing Cover, the indicator LED shines with a steady white light.
|Step 1:||Detach the Cover from the Wireless Adapter.|
|Step 2:||With the Wireless Adapter turned off and disconnected from the charger, gently clean the magnetic connectors on both the adapter and the Cover with a soft cloth and a little isopropyl alcohol.|
|Step 3:||Reattach the Cover to your adapter.|
Make sure that there is good contact between all of the magnetic connectors, and that nothing comes between the connectors. You should not see any gaps or be able to see any metal at the connection points.
The Cover should click into place. If it doesn’t, detach and reattach the Cover.
|Step 4:||If the LED status light on the adapter does not come on when you attach the Cover, press the power button on the adapter.
Solution 2: Check the charge on the adapter
If you see a solid red light in the centre of the adapter, the battery is running low.
If you see a flashing red light when you turn on the Wireless Adapter and then the adapter shuts down, the battery is completely drained.
- Use the power cord that came with the Wireless Adapter to charge the adapter. The indicator light should pulse slowly while the adapter is charging. Charge the adapter for 4 or 5 hours before you try to use it without the power cord.
- If the battery is not charging:
- Test the power cord by using it to charge a different device that uses a mini USB connector for charging.
- Try plugging the power cord into a different USB port. In order for the adapter to be charged, you need to use a powered USB port like the one on your Surface or the Car Charger.
- Try using a different power cord. If you have a USB-to-mini USB cord from a different device, try using it to charge the adapter.
If your Wireless Adapter won’t charge, either the adapter or the power cord may need to be replaced. For more information, contact us.
If the adapter doesn’t work after you’ve charged it for 4 or 5 hours, continue to Solution 3.
Solution 3: Make sure the adapter is paired to the Surface you are using
The adapter can only be paired to one device at a time.
|Step 1:||Restart your Surface.|
|Step 2:||From the Start screen, swipe in from the right edge of the screen and tap Settings. |
(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, then click Settings.)
|Step 3:||Tap or click Change PC settings, then tap or click PC and devices.|
|Step 4:||Tap or click Bluetooth, and make sure that Bluetooth is set to On.|
|Step 5:||Attach the charged Wireless Adapter to a Cover, and press and hold the power button. When a white light flashes, it’s ready to pair.|
|Step 6:||Tap or click Wireless Adapter for Typing Covers, then tap or click Pair.|
If the adapter is paired but it still doesn’t work, continue to Solution 4.
Solution 4: Work closer to the Surface
The Bluetooth® connection between your Surface and the Wireless Adapter has a range of up to about 30 feet, but external conditions can reduce that distance. Try bringing the Surface and the adapter closer together. If that doesn’t work, continue to Solution 5.
Solution 5: Make sure the Cover you are using works
Attach the Cover to your Surface.
- If your Cover still does not work, follow the steps in Troubleshoot your Surface Cover.
If your Cover works when it is attached directly to your Surface, continue to Solution 6.
Solution 6: Install the latest updates
Installing the latest updates for Surface and Windows may help fix some problems with Surface Typing Covers.
|Step 1:||Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, then tap Settings. |
(If you're using a mouse, point to the bottom-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, then click Settings.)
|Step 2:||Tap or click Change PC settings, tap or click Update and recovery, then tap or click Windows Update.|
|Step 3:||Tap or click Check now.|
|Step 4:||If there are updates available, tap or click View details.|
Tap or click to select the ones you want to install, then tap or click Install.
If installing updates doesn't help, continue with Solution 7.
Solution 7: Run an automated troubleshooter
Run an automated, interactive troubleshooter:
|Step 1:||Open the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.|
|Step 2:||In the File Download dialogue box, tap or click Run, then follow the prompts.|
If it still doesn’t work, continue with Solution 8.
Solution 8: Check for interference
If you’re using other Bluetooth devices, they can interfere with the Wireless Adapter.
- Turn off other Bluetooth devices. If you find that one or more devices have been causing interference, try moving other Bluetooth devices further away from the Wireless Adapter to prevent interference. For example, you might want to move Bluetooth speakers further away or off to one side.
If none of these solutions fixes the problem, contact us.