"Road to Guangdong will likely land within the top 10 games I’ve played in 2020" - 4/5 - HeyPoorPlayer "relentlessly charming" - 8/10 - Bonus Stage "wonderfully authentic" - TheSixthAxis Penned by acclaimed author Yen Ooi, Road to Guangdong is a beautiful story-focused zen driving experience. Drive your beloved family car through 90s China. Part interactive story, part zen driving experience; you play Sunny. In the wake of a family tragedy, you set out on a quest that will take you across 1990’s Guangdong. On a mission to revive their struggling family restaurant, Sunny and Guu Ma must visit long-lost relatives in search of secrets that will bring diners flooding back. But it won’t be easy. A treasured part of her family for longer than Sunny can remember, Sandy has carried her loved ones through many a crisis. But her beloved car is falling apart and she’ll need a helping hand to respond to this latest emergency. Only careful driving and regular checks under the bonnet will enable her to carry Sunny to the climax of her quest. • Explore the sights and sounds of Guangdong through vibrant animations and a memorable soundtrack. • Fall in love with a colourful cast of characters, each with unique personalities and rich backstories. • Maintain your car by keeping tabs on fuel consumption, tyre wear and engine condition.
- Penned by acclaimed author Yen Ooi, this captivating coming-of-age tale is set against the evocative backdrop of 90s China.
- Play your part in a touching interactive story where your decisions decide Sunny’s fate.
- Explore the sights and sounds of Guangdong through vibrant animations and a memorable soundtrack.
- Fall in love with a colourful cast of characters, each with unique personalities and rich backstories.
- Maintain your car by keeping tabs on fuel consumption, tyre wear and engine condition.
- Keep the mechanics away by topping up oil and fuel levels and repairing and replacing worn out parts.