Get Started with Joomla! and WebMatrix
Microsoft WebMatrix makes it easy for anyone to create a Joomla! site. Joomla! available from the Web Application Gallery is
fully tested to run on WebMatrix. Customize your site easily and then publish it on the internet from a wide choice of hosting service providers.
- WebMatrix makes creating a Joomla! site easy. WebMatrix will download, install and configure the latest version of Joomla! for you automatically.
- WebMatrix provides everything you need including the web server, MySQL, and PHP. It also includes our URL Rewrite module for “Pretty Permalinks” in Joomla! and WinCache to ensure your Joomla! site runs fast on Windows.
- By using the same stack on your development desktop that you’ll use on the server that hosts your clients’ site, the process of going live is painless and worry free.
- WebMatrix lets you customize your Joomla! site. The lightweight editor supports HTML, CSS and PHP and makes you more productive with features such as color coding and tag completion.
- WebMatrix provides editing capabilities for your SQL Server database allowing you to modify your schema or edit data directly if needed.
- WebMatrix provides a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) report that crawls your local site. WebMatrix and gives you specific feedback to ensure your site is easily indexed by all the major search engines.
- WebMatrix makes it easy to publish your site to a hosted server. WebMatrix supports the standard FTP and Secure FTP protocols as well as Microsoft’s WebDeploy protocol.
- WebDeploy makes publishing even easier by automatically configuring your server first as well as smartly deploying only the files that have changed for any updates. WebDeploy can even synch your development machine with your live site.
- Best of all WebMatrix includes a Hosting Gallery with great offers for hosting on Windows. Get the best deals for hosting Joomla! on Windows right inside WebMatrix itself.
New to Joomla!?
Microsoft and the Joomla! community are teaming up to provide definitive and deep guidance on configuration and tuning of Joomla! on the Microsoft Web Platform. If you are looking for detailed technical information for Joomla! and IIS, visit the
Joomla! & IIS page on Joomla! Docs.
If you have questions on running Joomla! on Windows and IIS visit the
Joomla! on IIS Forums
New to PHP on Windows and IIS?
There is a wealth of information for learning more about running Joomla! or any PHP-based website on the Microsoft Web Platform including features and information on FastCGI, WinCache, PHP Manager and running PHP applications in our cloud platform, Azure. Plus links to detailed articles for users who want to get the ultimate performance from their Joomla! sites on Windows. Visit our PHP on Windows page to learn more.
Have questions on WebMatrix or need assistance?
If you have questions on running Joomla! with WebMatrix or are having trouble visit the
and connect directly with the community of users using WebMatrix and the Microsoft engineers who created it. We’re always on and ready to help.
Joomla! WebsiteSpark Partner
Interested in running Joomla! on Windows? WebsiteSpark from Microsoft gives
software, support, and new leads to Web Developers and Designers. Through WebsiteSpark
Software and solutions: Multiple licenses are available for Microsoft development tools, Web platform technologies, server products, including: Visual Studio®, Expression®, SQL Server®, and Windows Server®.
A new business pipeline: Increase your visibility to customers with a profile in the Partner Catalog. Opt in to lead generating campaigns and connect with businesses that need web development and design services.
Training and support: Access Microsoft technical support professionals and receive offers and discounts from Network and Hosting Partners to help your company run more efficiently.
Getting started is easy. Just click on the Register Now button
Great Deals for Joomla! Hosting
The Microsoft Web Hosting Gallery makes it easy to
find the best deals for Web Hosting on the Microsoft Web Platform. Compare and filter on price, location,
features, consumer ratings and more to find a package just right for your needs. Select from the wide variety
of packages available—from shared to virtual machines or dedicated servers; there is something for everyone
and an offer for every need.
The expansive network of Microsoft hosting services provider partners enables you to grow your business on
Joomla!. The Microsoft Web Hosting Gallery’s “Spotlight Offer” feature also ensures that you will be
able to easily find the offers that are running the latest versions of Microsoft software.
Check out some of our great offers for Joomla! users now.
Microsoft is working with the Joomla! community to create beginner and advanced tutorials on running Joomla! on the Microsoft Web Platform. Take a look at this growing list of tutorials to get great how-to information on making Joomla! even better on Windows.
Getting Started with Joomla! and WebMatrix
Download the latest Joomla extensions developed by Arc Technology Group and showcased in their website “Our New Neighborhood”. All of these extensions are compatible with Joomla 1.6 and available today in JoomlaCode.
Bing Search Module and Plugin
A search module and search plugin for Joomla 1.6.x integrating Bing search. The module will call Joomla's built-in search function and add a search term specified in the module parameters.
Bing Maps Module
This extension for Joomla 1.6 uses Bing Maps to display a map with a marker for a location set in the module's backend.
Bing Videos Integration
This extension for Joomla 1.6 displays Bing videos for a topic which has to be set in the module backend parameters.
A Bing News Module
This module for Joomla 1.6 will display Bing News for a topic which has been set in the module's backend. If no topic is selected, the TOP 10 news will be displayed.
Windows Live ID
This extension allows registered users to sign in to Joomla with their Windows Live Id. The extension consists of a component to handle the login process and a module to display the login/logout link; it uses
the Live Messenger API to authenticate the user against Live Id.
Joomla! Module for Windows Live Messenger in Joomla 1.6
This module opens a window with a site-wide chat using Windows Live Messenger. You have to register your site for free for the extension to work (see Readme.txt).
Display/Download Reports generated with Microsoft SQL Reporting Server
This extension displays reports which have been generated by the Microsoft SQL 2008 R2 reports server within Joomla. Optionally, you can download the reports rather that displaying them as an HTML page.