The next time you turn on your Xbox, you may notice something a little different. After years of development, hard work and user feedback, the Microsoft Store on Xbox experience has been completely rebuilt from the ground up and is now available for everyone.
This faster, safer and easier to use new Store began rolling out broadly earlier this month, giving everyone a chance to explore the best place to buy your next favorite game, console, controller, movie, or app.
“When we redesigned the store, we had three goals in mind,” says Dametra Johnson-Marletti, Corporate Vice President, Microsoft Store. “We wanted to make it easier, safer and faster for people to find great new games and experiences.”
The new store will give you a much smoother experience in all aspects, whether you are looking to sign up for Xbox Game Pass, searching for the next must-have game, finding the newest blockbuster for movie night or setting up filters to ensure your children are seeing appropriate content.
Let’s dig deeper into the three core concepts that were developed and fine-tuned as the new Microsoft Store on Xbox was redesigned:
The new Store is really fast – more than twice the speed of the previous version. This means you can search for and acquire the content you need without the wait. Benefits from the increased speed include:
- The new store now loads in under two seconds
- As you browse, the store displays relevant info as you hover over items
- You can see which games your friends are playing, helping guide your purchase
- It’s easier to see which games are optimized for Xbox Series X
With brand-new features designed to improve navigation and usability, the rebuilt Store is an inclusive and intuitive experience for consumers. The Xbox store makes shopping even easier with:
- New primary and secondary navigation that lets you jump to specific store sections
- One-click scrolling that automatically moves you to the next store channel or page
- The option to filter and sort by pressing “X” on your controller
- Quickly glance at your saved cart or wish list to check prices and sales
Safety was at the forefront of the Microsoft Store on Xbox redesign. You need to be confident that your family can browse without worry, and the new Store delivers on that promise with:
- No more anonymous logins – ensuring not only your safety but also allowing for a personalized experience
- Filtered content that blocks material above set restrictions
- Full ratings information is shown high on the screen
- Ask to buy feature that notifies you when purchases are about to be made
With these new designs and features in place, the Microsoft Store on Xbox is now your new home for games, movies, family fun and so much more.