openSUSE Leap 15.2 is the distribution for professional developers, system administrators, entrepreneurs and Independent Software Vendors. openSUSE Leap 15.2 is a great choice for: - Corporate users in environments where Windows is mandated. - Users of CygWin who would like to better mirror their Linux systems. - System Administrators who would like native command-line UNIX tools such as rsync, tar, vim, grep, sed, awk, and so much more. - Developers wanting to closely mirror Linux server environments without the overhead of a virtual machine. - Users who would like to learn Linux without the additional complexity of setting up a dual-boot system or virtual machine.
For complete details on features new to openSUSE Leap 15.2 visit https://doc.opensuse.org/release-notes/x86_64/openSUSE/Leap/15.2/index.html
- True RPM package management using openSUSE's package repositories.
- System updates with zypper RPM package management.
- rsync, tar, vim, grep, sed, awk, and other UNIX tools
- Native "Linux style" connectivity using tools such as SSH, curl, wget, and more.
- Leap offers about every programming language a developer can choose. Go, Rust, Haskell, C++, Ruby on Rails, Java, Python, Perl and more
- Use glib as a catch-all utility library for data types, macros, type conversions, string & file utilities, and more.