Use of OEM System Builder software for Windows 8 or Windows 8 Pro is subject to the following licensing terms:
System Builder product may be used:
- As the operating system on a computer that you build for personal use.
- As an operating system running either on a local virtual machine or as an additional operating system in a separate partition.
System Builder product may not be used:
- As an upgrade licence for an existing underlying Windows operating system.
- To legalise a non-genuine Windows operating system.
- To licence more than five copies of the software (in total) for commercial use.
In order to use OEM System Builder software for personal use, you will need to read and accept the terms in the Personal Use Licence.
|Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro
- OEM System builder product may be purchased.
- Microsoft support is not included.
- Licence terms are granted by Microsoft to the system builder.
- Full packaged retail product is needed.
- Microsoft provides support services.
- Licence terms are granted by Microsoft to the end user.
Q. Can I use the Personal Use Licence for Windows 7 software?
A. No. The Personal Use Licence is for Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro software only. If you are building a computer for your personal use with Windows 7 software, you still need to purchase the full packaged retail version.
Q. I am not a system builder, but I am building my own computer for personal use. Can I purchase OEM System Builder software?
A. Yes. Anyone who is building a computer for personal use with Windows 8 or Windows 8 Pro software can use the Personal Use Licence.
Q. What happens if I build a computer with a Personal Use Licence, then later decide to sell it?
A. You may transfer the software to another computer that belongs to you. You may also transfer the software (together with the licence) to a computer owned by someone else if a) you are the first licensed user of the software and b) the new user agrees to the terms of this agreement. To make that transfer, you must transfer the original media, the certificate of authenticity, the product key and the proof of purchase directly to that other person, without retaining any copies of the software. You may use the backup copy we allow you to make or the media that the software came on to transfer the software. Anytime you transfer the software to a new computer, you must remove the software from the prior computer. You may not transfer the software to share licences between computers. You may transfer Get Genuine Windows software, Pro Pack or Media Center Pack software only together with the licensed computer.
Q. Where can I get more information on the Personal Use Licence?
Q. If I am using OEM System Builder software to build my personal computer, does the OEM System Builder Licence apply to me?
A. No, to use OEM System Builder software for personal use, you will need to read and accept the terms in the Personal Use Licence.
Q. Can I install OEM System Builder software for Windows 8 or Windows 8 Pro on a MAC computer?
A. Yes, you can install Windows 8 or Windows 8 Pro on a MAC computer using the Personal Use Licence.