Microsoft Store Terms of Sale
Worldwide Consumer Stores
Updated March 2022
Welcome to Microsoft’s online Store. “Store” refers to our Microsoft websites accessible through Microsoft Store, Office Store, Xbox Store and Windows Store that allow you to browse, view, acquire, purchase and rate and review products and services and digital content, including films, TV shows, applications, games and other digital goods (collectively “Digital Content”), devices, game consoles and more (together with Digital Content, collectively, “Products”). Through the Store, Microsoft also provides access to a variety of resources, including download areas, software, tools and information about software, services and other items (collectively “Services”). These Terms of Sale (“Terms of Sale”) govern your use of the, Store and other Microsoft services referred to in these Terms of Sale, as well as purchases you make through the Store. Some Products and Services offered in the Store are offered by sellers other than Microsoft. By using the Store, or any Service available through the Store, or by purchasing a Product through the Store, you accept and agree to these Terms of Sale, Microsoft’s Privacy Statement (see the Privacy and Protection of Personal Information section below), and applicable terms and conditions, policies or disclaimers found in the Store or referenced in these Terms of Sale (collectively the “Store Policies”).
Please read all Store Policies carefully. You may not use the Store if you do not agree to the Store Policies.
Microsoft may update or amend Store Policies without notice and at any time. See Section 19.
Terms Relating to Your Use of the Store
2. No Unlawful or Prohibited Use. You will not use the Store for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms of Sale, the Store Policies or any other terms that apply to your use of the Store. You may not use the Store in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair any Microsoft server, or the network(s) connected to any Microsoft server or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Store. You may not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Store, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any Microsoft server or to the Store, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Store. You may not use the Store in a way that infringes rights of third parties, including wilfully harming a person or entity, including Microsoft. You may not commercially distribute, publish, license or sell any Product, information or Services obtained through the Store.
3. Materials You Provide to Microsoft or Post in the Store. Microsoft does not claim ownership of the content you provide to Microsoft or post, upload, input or submit through the Store (such as feedback, ratings, reviews and suggestions) or associated Microsoft services for review by others (each a “Submission” and collectively “Submissions”). However, you grant Microsoft a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive and sublicensable right to use, modify, adapt, reproduce, create derivative works from, translate, edit, perform, distribute and display your Submissions, including your name, in any media. If you publish a Submission in an area of the Store where it is available broadly online without restrictions, your Submission may appear in demonstrations or materials that promote the Store and/or the Products, Services or content offered through the Store. You warrant and represent that you have (and will have) all of the rights necessary to make any Submission you provide and to grant these rights to Microsoft, on a worldwide basis and for the duration of these rights.
Microsoft has no obligation to compensate you for use of your Submission. Microsoft is under no obligation to post or use any Submission and Microsoft may remove any Submission at any time and in its sole discretion. Microsoft takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for your Submissions or the content others post, upload, input or submit using the Store.
If you rate or review an application in the Store, you may receive an email from Microsoft that contains content from the publisher of the application.
4. Links to Third-Party Websites. The Store may include links to third-party websites that let you leave the Store. These linked sites are not under the control of Microsoft and Microsoft is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. Microsoft is providing these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Microsoft of the site. Your use of the third-party website may be subject to that third party’s terms and conditions and/or privacy policies and you should read these carefully before agreeing to them.
Terms Relating to the Sale of Products to You
5. Geographic Availability. Available Products and Services may vary depending on your region or device. In addition, there may be limits on where we can ship Products or provide Services or Digital Content. To complete your purchase, you may be required to have a valid billing and delivery address within the country or region of the Store where you are purchasing.
6. End-Users Only. Products and Services available through the Store are for purchase by and use of end-users only and are not available for purchase or use by resellers.
7. Export Limitations. Products and Services may be subject to customs and export control laws and regulations. You will comply with all applicable international and national laws and regulations.
8. Billing. By providing Microsoft with a payment method, you: (i) represent that you are authorised to use the payment method that you provided and that any payment information you provide is true and accurate; (ii) authorise Microsoft to charge you for any Products or Services you purchase; and (iii) authorise Microsoft to charge you for any paid feature of the Store that you choose to sign up for or use. You will promptly update your account whenever there is a change to your account information, including your email address and credit card numbers and expiry dates, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed in connection with your transactions. We may bill you (a) in advance; (b) at the time of purchase; (c) shortly after purchase; or (d) subject to applicable law, on a recurring basis for subscriptions. Also, for Microsoft Subscription Services and Third-Party Subscription Services billed through Microsoft, we may charge you up to the amount you have approved, and we will notify you in advance and in accordance with the terms of your subscription of any change in the amount to be charged for recurring subscriptions. We may bill you at the same time for more than one of your prior billing periods for amounts that haven’t previously been processed. For more information about recurring billing for Microsoft Subscription Services and Third-Party Subscription Services billed through Microsoft, see Section 9.
9. Subscription-Based Products and Services: Recurring Billing; Automatic Renewal.
Microsoft Subscription Services. If you acquired a Product or Service through Microsoft Store and it is listed here as one of the Covered Services in the Microsoft Services Agreement for ROW (“Microsoft Subscription Service”), the terms and conditions related to your subscription and recurring billing set forth in the Microsoft Services Agreement (ROW) apply. To manage your Microsoft Subscription Service, see Microsoft Subscription Service. To manage Microsoft Subscription Services for Xbox (such as Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass), go to Microsoft Subscription Services for Xbox.
Third-Party Subscription Services Billed Through Microsoft. If you acquired any other Product or Service through Microsoft Store that is subscription-based and for which recurring billing is administered by Microsoft, the following terms and conditions in this Section 9 of these Terms of Sale apply: Subject to applicable law, when you make a purchase on a subscription basis (e.g. weekly, monthly, every 3 months, or annually (as applicable), you acknowledge and agree that you are authorising recurring payment, and payments shall be made to Microsoft by the method you have chosen at the recurring intervals chosen by you, until the subscription is terminated by you or by Microsoft or otherwise in accordance with its terms. By authorising recurring payments, you authorise Microsoft to process such payments as either electronic debits or fund transfers, or as electronic drafts from your designated account (in the case of Automated Clearing House or similar payments) or as charges to your designated account (in the case of credit card or similar payments) (collectively, “Electronic Payments”). Subscription fees are generally billed or charged in advance of the applicable subscription period. If any payment is returned unpaid or if any credit card or similar transaction is rejected or denied, Microsoft or its service providers reserve the right to collect any applicable return item, rejection or other fees as permitted by applicable law.
If you are taking part in any trial-period offer, you must cancel the service by the end of the trial period to avoid incurring new charges unless we notify you otherwise. Subject to applicable law, if you do not cancel the service at the end of the trial period, you authorise us to charge your payment method for the Product or Service.
Provided that automatic renewals are allowed in your country, region, province/territory or state, you may choose for certain Products or Services to automatically renew at the end of a fixed service period. If you elect to automatically renew your Product or Service, we may automatically renew the term of the Product or Service at the end of the current service period and charge you the then-current price for the renewal term, unless you choose to cancel the Product or Service as described below. We will bill your chosen payment method for the renewal, whether it was on file on the renewal date or provided later. You may cancel the Product or Service prior to the renewal date to avoid being billed for the renewal. If you cancel an automatic renewal Product after the renewal date, we will fulfil the Product or Service through the end of the renewal term and you will not be automatically charged again for that Product or Service. For more information about how third-party Subscription Services Billed Through Microsoft , please go to Microsoft Subscription Service. We will notify you in advance and in accordance with the terms of your subscription of any change in the amount to be charged for recurring subscriptions.
If you live in Israel, you may choose for certain Products or Services to continue to be provided to you continually, until you cancel them. If you select a continuing Product or Service, we will charge you on a recurring basis at the end of each billing period, until you cancel the Product or Service as described below. We will bill your chosen payment method for each recurring charge, whether it was on file on the subscription date or provided later. You may cancel the Product or Service by any of the means listed on Microsoft Israel’s homepage under “service cancellation”; you will need to login to your account or identify yourself with your user ID and payment details. For information on how to obtain a refund if you are eligible, please visit Cancel a Microsoft subscription in Israel. We will notify you in advance and in accordance with the terms of your subscription of any change in the amount to be charged for recurring charges.
Third-Party Subscription Services Not Billed Through Microsoft. If you acquired any Product or Service through the Microsoft Store or otherwise using your Microsoft Account that is subscription-based and for which recurring billing is not administered by Microsoft, please see the terms and conditions presented to you by the applicable developer or provider that administers the recurring billing for that Product or Service.
10. Product Availability and Quantity and Order Limits. Product prices and availability are subject to change at any time and without notice. Microsoft may place a limit on the quantities that may be purchased per order, per account, per credit card, per person or per household. If the Products that you order are not available, we may contact you to offer you an alternative. If you do not choose to purchase the alternative Product, we will cancel your order.
Microsoft reserves the right to refuse, reject, cancel, terminate or not to process any order (including accepted orders) at any time, refunding you any monies you have paid for the order, for reasons which include, but are not limited to, if you have not met the conditions specified at the time of the order, if your payment cannot be processed, if the ordered Products are not available, where the price or other material information on the Store is inaccurate or for other errors. In the event of pricing or other errors, we may, in our discretion, either (a) cancel your order or purchase or (b) contact you for instructions. In the event of cancellation, your access to any associated Digital Content will be disabled.
We may disable access to Digital Content associated with your account for any reason. We may also remove or disable Digital Content on your device in order to protect the Store or potentially affected parties. Some Digital Content may be unavailable from time to time or may be offered for a limited time. Availability can be affected by region. Thus, if you change your account or device profile information to another region, you may not be able to re-download or re-stream Digital Content that you purchased; you may need to re-purchase Digital Content that you paid for in your previous region. Except to the extent required by applicable law, we have no obligation to provide a re-download or replacement of any Digital Content you purchase.
11. Updates. If applicable, Microsoft will automatically check for and download updates to your applications, even if you’re not signed into the Store. You can change your settings if you prefer not to receive automatic updates to Store apps. However, certain Office Store apps that are entirely or partly hosted online may be updated at any time by the app developer and may not require your permission to update. Some other apps may not be accessible until you accept an update. If you choose not to download or install updates, your applications may no longer be available, supported or have previous functionality.
12. Software Licences and Use Rights. Software and other Digital Content made available to you through the Store is licensed, not sold, to you. Applications downloaded directly from the Store are subject to the Standard Application Licence Terms ("SALT"), unless different licence terms are provided with the application. (Applications downloaded from the Office Store are not governed by the SALT and have separate licence terms.)
Digital Content obtained through the Store is subject to Usage Rules for Digital Goods. You understand and acknowledge that your rights with respect to Digital Content are limited by these Terms of Sale, copyright law and the Usage Rules for Digital Goods. Software licences purchased through the Store are subject to the licence agreement that accompanies the software, and you will be required to agree to the licence agreement when you purchase, download or install the software. Any reproduction or redistribution of Digital Content not in accordance with the relevant licence terms, usage rules and applicable law is expressly prohibited and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. Violators risk prosecution to the maximum extent of the law.
Please contact Microsoft Store support if you would like a copy of the applicable licence agreement or warranty for boxed software, at no cost, before you open any software packaging.
For your convenience, Microsoft may make available as part of the Store or in its software or Products, Services, tools and utilities for use and/or download that are not part of the products sold. Except where prohibited by applicable law, Microsoft disclaims all representations, warranties, conditions and assurances with regard to the accuracy of the results or output from any such Services, tools or utilities.
Please respect the intellectual property rights of others when using the tools and utilities made available through the Store, or in any Product.
13. Codes for Software and Content Downloads. Certain Digital Content is delivered to you through a download link available in your Microsoft account associated with your purchase. Subject to the paragraph below, we usually store the download link and related digital key for these purchases in your Microsoft account for three years following the purchase date, but do not promise to store them for any particular length of time. For subscription Products that are delivered through a download link, different terms and storage rights may apply, which you will be able to review and agree to at the time you purchase your subscription.
We may cancel or modify our digital key storage program at any time. You also agree that we may stop supporting the storage of keys for one or more Products at any time and for any reason, including, by way of example, at the end of the Product support life cycle, after which you will no longer have access to the download link or digital key. If we cancel or modify our program such that you will no longer have access to the download link or digital key(s) in your account, we will provide at least 90 days’ advance notice to you using the contact information for the related Microsoft account.
The Store does not have a price match guarantee that provides for matching the advertised price other retailers offer for the same items.
We may offer an option to pre-order some Products before their availability date. To learn more about our pre-order policies, please see our Pre-Orders page.
Unless stated otherwise, prices shown in the Store exclude taxes or charges (“Taxes”) that may apply to your purchase. Prices shown in the Store also exclude delivery costs. Taxes and delivery costs (as applicable) will be added to the amount of your purchase and shown on the check-out page. You are solely responsible for paying such Taxes and costs.
Depending on your location, some transactions might require foreign currency conversion or be processed in another country. Your bank might charge you additional fees for conversion or processing Services when you use a credit or debit card. Please contact your bank for details.
15. Return Policy
Eligible Products. We will accept returns and exchanges for eligible Products for 30 days from the date of purchase or download, as applicable. Any product you purchase or download that is not listed below as ineligible, or subject to separate return policies or terms, will be considered an eligible product for purposes of this Section 15. Simply return the eligible Product in like-new condition and in its original packaging, along with all parts, components, instruction manuals and documentation that were initially included. This Return Policy does not affect any statutory rights that may apply to your purchase.
Packaged software and packaged games must be returned with their seal intact and must include all media and product keys. As a limited exception, software and game packages that have been opened may be returned during the return period if you are unsatisfied with the licence agreement or warranty, but only if you do not make or retain any copies.
Even if you return a Product, including packaged software or packaged games, these Terms of Sale will still apply to the time between your purchase or download, as applicable, and return.
When you make a qualifying return, we will credit the full amount, minus the original postage and delivery charges (if any), and you will typically receive your refund in approximately 3–5 business days. Any refunds will be applied to the same account, and using the same method of payment, used to place the order (unless you choose a Store credit in the amount of the refund).
Ineligible Products. Some Products are not eligible for return or refund; unless otherwise provided by law or by a particular offer, all purchases of these types of Products are final and non-refundable. Products ineligible for return and refund include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Digital apps, games, in-app content, in-app subscriptions, films, TV shows and associated content except Digital Game Products and Microsoft Subscription Services (which are subject to the return policies below);
• Third-Party subscription services billed through Microsoft (which are subject to the return policy below);
• gift cards and service/subscription cards (e.g. Skype, Xbox Live);
• products that have been personalised or customised;
• special order products, if not part of a Store promotional offering;
• random access memory (“RAM”) products;
• services that have been performed or consumed; and
• clearance items or those marked with a designation such as “Final Sale” or “Non-Returnable”
If you live in Taiwan, please note that according to Taiwan’s Consumer Protection Act and its relevant regulations, all purchases pertaining to digital content provided via intangible form and/or online Services are final and non-refundable when such content or Service has been provided online. You are not entitled to claim any cooling off period or any refund.
Microsoft Subscription Services Refund Policy. For complete details on refunds for Microsoft Subscription Services, see Section 9.
Third-Party Subscriptions Billed Through Microsoft. Unless otherwise provided by law or by a particular Service offer, all purchases are final and non-refundable. For more information about third-party subscriptions, please go to the return policies page.
16. Payments to You. If we owe you a payment, you will, in timely and accurate fashion, provide us with any information we need to get that payment to you. You are responsible for any taxes and charges you may incur as a result of this payment to you. To the extent permitted by applicable law, you must also comply with any other conditions we place on your right to any payment. If you receive a payment in error, we may reverse or require return of the payment. You will cooperate with us in our efforts to do this. We may also reduce a payment to you without notice to adjust for any previous overpayment.
17. Gift Cards and Skype Credit Vouchers.
Redemption and use of other Microsoft gift cards are governed by the Microsoft Gift Card Terms and Conditions.
Information on how to redeem Skype credit vouchers is available on Skype’s Support page under ‘How do I redeem my Skype voucher’ here: How do I use Skype vouchers and prepaid cards? | Skype Support.
18. Customer Service. Please visit our Microsoft Store Support page for more information about customer service options: Contact Microsoft Store Support.
19. Changing Terms. Microsoft may change the Terms of Sale at any time and without notice to you. The Terms of Sale in force at the time you place your order will govern your purchase and serve as the purchase contract between us. Before your next purchase, Microsoft may have changed the Terms of Sale without notice to you. Please review the Terms of Sale each time you visit the Store. We recommend that you save or print a copy of the Terms of Sale for future reference when you purchase a Product.
20. Age Limitations. You acknowledge that you are authorised to place an order and to perform any other legal acts required of you under these Terms of Sale. Age limits may apply to your use of the Store, including purchases.
21. Privacy and Protection of Personal Information. Your privacy is important to us. We use certain information that we collect from you to operate and provide the Store. Please read the Microsoft Privacy Statement as it describes the types of data we collect from you and your devices (“Data”) and how we use your Data. The Privacy Statement also describes how Microsoft uses your communications with others; postings or feedback submitted by you to Microsoft via the Store; and the files, photos, documents, audio, digital works and videos that you upload, store or share on your devices or through the Store (“[”). By using the Store, you expressly consent to Microsoft’s collection, use and disclosure of Your Content and Data as described in the Privacy Statement.
22. Product Display and Colours. Microsoft attempts to display product colours and images accurately but we cannot guarantee that the colour you see on your device screen or monitor will exactly match a Product’s colour.
23. Errors in Store Presentation. We work hard to publish information accurately, update the Store regularly and correct errors when discovered. However, any of the content in the Store may be incorrect or out of date at any given time. We reserve the right to make changes to the Store at any time, including to product prices, specifications, offers and availability.
24. Termination of Use or Access. Microsoft may terminate your account or use of the Store at any time for any reason, including, without limitation, if you are in breach of these Terms of Sale or the Store Policies, or if the Store is no longer operated by Microsoft. By using the Store, you agree to be responsible (in accordance with these terms) for any orders you make or charges you incur prior to such termination. Microsoft may change, discontinue or otherwise suspend the Store at any time, for any reason, and without prior notice to you.
25. Warranties and Limitation of Remedies. Except where prohibited by your applicable local law Microsoft and its suppliers, distributors, resellers and content providers disclaim all express and implied warranties, guarantees and conditions, including for merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, workmanlike effort, title or non-infringement. Products or Services sold or available through the Store are warranted, if at all, only under any licence agreements or manufacturer’s warranties that accompany them. Except as provided under an accompanying licence agreement or manufacturer’s warranty and subject to your statutory rights:
• Your purchase and use are at your own risk;
• We provide Products and Services “as-is”, “with all faults”, and "as available";
• You assume the entire risk as to their quality and performance; and
• Should they prove defective, you assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair.
Microsoft doesn’t guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of information available from the Store or Services. You acknowledge that computer and telecommunications systems are not fault-free and occasional downtime occurs. We do not warrant that access to the Store or Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, or that content loss won’t occur.
If, despite these Terms of Sale, you have any basis for recovering damages arising out of or relating to the Store (including the Services), or any Product offered, your exclusive remedy is to recover from Microsoft or its suppliers, resellers, distributors and content providers direct total damages up to (1) the price or fee for one month of any Service, subscription or similar fee (not including the purchase price for hardware, software, support or extended warranties), or (2) US $100.00 if there was no Service, subscription or similar fee.
You may have certain rights under your local law. Nothing in this contract is intended to affect those rights, if they apply.
26. Limitation of Liability. You agree that you can’t recover any other damages or losses, including consequential, special, indirect, incidental or punitive damages, or lost profits. The limitations and exclusions in Sections 25 and 26 apply even if you incur damages and even if we knew or should have known about the possibility of the damages. Some states or provinces/territories do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, these limitations and exclusions apply to all claims, under any legal theory, related to the Store (including the Services), these Terms of Sale, or any Product offered, including loss of content, any virus or malware affecting your use of the Store or any Product or Service available through the Store; and delays or failures in starting or completing transmissions or transactions.
27. Interpreting These Terms. All parts of these Terms of Sale apply to the maximum extent permitted by the relevant law; you may have greater rights in your jurisdiction of residence (or, if a business, your principal place of business). If it is determined that we can’t enforce a part of these Terms of Sale as written, we may replace those terms with similar terms to the extent enforceable under the relevant law, but the rest of these Terms of Sale won’t change. These Terms of Sale are solely for your and our benefit; they aren’t for the benefit of any other person, except for Microsoft’s successors and assigns. Other terms may apply if you purchase products or services from other Microsoft websites.
28. Assignment. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may assign, transfer or otherwise dispose of our rights and obligations under these Terms of Sale, in whole or in part, at any time without notice to you. You may not assign or transfer any rights under these Terms of Sale.
29. Notices and Communication. For customer support enquiries, please see the Sales and Support page in the Store. For disputes, follow the notice procedure in this section.
30. Contracting Entity, Choice of Law and Place to Resolve Disputes.
a. North or South America outside the United States and Canada. If you live in (or, if a business, your principal place of business is in) North or South America outside the United States and Canada, you are contracting with Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052, U.S.A. Washington State law governs the interpretation of these Terms of Sale and claims for their breach, regardless of choice of law principles. The laws of the country to which we direct the Store and Services govern all other claims (including consumer protection, unfair competition and tort claims).
b. Middle East or Africa. If you live in (or, if a business, your principal place of business is in) the Middle East or Africa, you are contracting with Microsoft Ireland Operations Limited, Microsoft Ireland Operations Limited, One Microsoft Place, South County Business Park, Leopardstown, Dublin 18, Ireland. The laws of Ireland govern the interpretation of these Terms of Sale and claims for their breach, regardless of conflict of laws principles. The laws of the country to which we direct the Store and Services govern all other claims (including consumer protection, unfair competition and tort claims). You and we irrevocably agree to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of Ireland for all disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms of Sale or the Store.
c. Asia or the South Pacific, except for countries called out below. If you live in (or, if a business, your principal place of business is in) Asia (except China, Japan, the Republic of Korea or Taiwan), you are contracting with Microsoft Regional Sales Pte Ltd., a corporation organised under the laws of Singapore, with its registered address at 182 Cecil Street, #13-01 Frasers Tower, Singapore. Washington State law governs the interpretation of these Terms of Sale and claims for their breach, regardless of conflict of laws principles. The laws of the country to which we direct the Store govern all other claims (including consumer protection, unfair competition and tort claims). Any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms of Sale or the Store, including any question regarding their existence, validity or termination, will be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration in Singapore in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC), which rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference into this clause. The Tribunal will consist of one arbitrator to be appointed by the President of SIAC. The language of arbitration will be English. The decision of the arbitrator will be final, binding and incontestable, and it may be used as a basis for judgment in any country or region.
d. Japan. If you live in (or, if a business, your principal place of business is in) Japan, you are contracting with Microsoft Japan Co., Ltd (MSKK), Shinagawa Grand Central Tower, 2-16-3 Konan Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-0075. The laws of Japan govern these Terms of Sale and any matters arising out of or relating to them or the Store.
e. Republic of Korea. If you live in (or, if a business, your principal place of business is in) the Republic of Korea, you are contracting with Microsoft Korea, Inc., 12th Floor, Tower A, The K-Twin Tower, Jongro 1 gil 50, Jongro-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea, 03142. The laws of the Republic of Korea govern these Terms and any matters arising out of or relating to them or the Store. In the Republic of Korea, none of these Terms of Sale shall limit your rights granted by the applicable laws and regulations (including but not limited to the Electronic Commerce Act and the Terms and Conditions Act). In case there are any conflicts between these Terms of Sale, and the applicable laws and regulations, the latter shall prevail, and to such extent the relevant parts of these Terms of Sale shall be invalid.
f. Taiwan. If you live in (or, if a business, your principal place of business is in) Taiwan, you are contracting with Microsoft Taiwan Corporation, 18F, No. 68, Sec. 5, Zhongxiao E. Rd., Xinyi District, Taipei 11065, Taiwan. The laws of Taiwan govern these Terms of Sale and any matters arising out of or relating to them or the Store. For more details regarding Microsoft Taiwan Corporation, please view the website provided by the Ministry of Economic Affairs R.O.C. (https://gcis.nat.gov.tw/mainNew/index.jsp) . You and we irrevocably designate the Taiwan Taipei District Court as the court of first instance having jurisdiction over any disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms or the Store, to the maximum extent permitted by Taiwan laws.
a. Notices and procedure for making claims of intellectual property infringement. Microsoft respects the intellectual property rights of third parties. If you wish to send a notice of intellectual property infringement, including claims of copyright infringement, please use our procedures for submitting Notices of Infringement. ALL INQUIRIES NOT RELEVANT TO THIS PROCEDURE WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE.
Microsoft uses the processes set out in Title 17, United States Code, Section 512 to respond to notices of copyright infringement. In appropriate circumstances, Microsoft may also disable or terminate accounts of users of Microsoft services who may be repeat infringers.
b. Copyright and Trademark Notices.
All contents of the Store and Services are Copyright ©2022 Microsoft Corporation and/or its suppliers and Third-Party providers, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052, USA. All rights reserved. We or our suppliers and other Third-Party providers own the title, copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Store, Services and content. Microsoft and the names, logos and icons of all Microsoft Products and Services may be either trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft in the United States, Canada and/or other countries.
A list of Microsoft trademarks can be found at: Microsoft Trademark and Brand Guidelines page. The names of actual companies and products may be the trademarks of their respective owners. Any rights not expressly granted in these Terms of Sale are reserved.
32. Safety Warning. To avoid possible injury, discomfort or eye strain, you should take periodic breaks from use of games or other applications, especially if you feel any pain or fatigue resulting from usage. If you experience discomfort, take a break. Discomfort might include feelings of nausea, motion sickness, dizziness, disorientation, headache, fatigue, eye strain or dry eyes. Using applications can distract you and obstruct your surroundings. Avoid trip hazards, stairs, low ceilings, fragile or valuable items that could be damaged. A very small percentage of people may experience seizures when exposed to certain visual images like flashing lights or patterns that may appear in applications. Even people with no history of seizures may have an undiagnosed condition that can cause these seizures. Symptoms may include light-headedness, altered vision, twitching, jerking or shaking of limbs, disorientation, confusion, loss of consciousness or convulsions. Immediately stop using and consult a doctor if you experience any of these symptoms, or consult a doctor before using the applications if you’ve ever suffered symptoms linked to seizures. Parents should monitor their children’s use of applications for signs of symptoms.