This game is a work in progress. It may or may not change over time or release as a final product. Purchase only if you are comfortable with the current state of the unfinished game. On a dark and stormy night, 11-year-old Minerva discovers a haunted house deep in the woods and before she knows it, she is in for the fight of her life! Don't Die, Minerva! is a rogue-lite action RPG set in a haunted house. Armed with a flashlight and a backpack full of friendly stuffed animals who are brought to life by the house's magic, Minerva must explore the mansion and defeat its ghostly inhabitants. Along the way, Minerva meets helpful characters who can aid her on her quest. Death is nearly inevitable, but with each run you will gain valuable essence that can unlock new abilities and better loot. With multiple levels of difficulty ranging from an easy stroll in a moonlit park to a punishing challenge only to be faced by the bravest of souls, Don't Die, Minerva! offers crisp controls, exhilarating action, spectacular visuals, and a deep stat-driven loot system. Dungeons, loot, and enemies are all generated randomly, meaning no two runs are the same. Full details on the latest status of the game, how you can give feedback and report issues can be found at www.dontdieminerva.com.
- Minerva can utilize four different types of flashlights to battle ghosts and has a defensive dash move to get out of their way.
- Deploy Friendlies: stuffed animals brought to life that assist in combat. The Bear, Monkey, Cat, and Dragon each have unique abilities.
- Customize Friendlies and flashlights with gems that imbue elemental effects and create synergies between different weapons.
- Collect loot with procedurally-generated affixes: Flashlights, Friendlies, Boots, Backpacks, Necklaces, and Mods.
- An attribute-based stat system allow you to make strategic gear selection choices to bolster different aspects of your offense and defense.
- Dungeons are constructed with procedural layouts and combat encounters, meaning no two runs are the same.
- Collect magical Essence Crystals, these can be spent on permanent unlocks that will aid your progress.
- Gather coins to purchase new, powerful gear during your run.
- The game offers four levels of difficulty (including an Easy mode). Unlock Hard and Very Hard to take on new challenges.
- Dungeons span three distinct biomes - the mansion, the garden, and the crypts, each with unique rooms and hazards.
- Battle 19 ghostly enemies, plus elite versions with affixes that make them even more formidable.
- Test your gear and your skills in three challenging boss battles.