Internet Explorer 11 has retired as of 15 June, 2022
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 (Offline Installer)
The Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 is a highly compatible, in-place update to the Microsoft .NET Framework 4, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 and Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6. The offline package can be used in situations where the web installer cannot be used due to lack of internet connectivity.
64.5 MBThis is an offline installer. There are separate installers for web and offline installation. If you intend to redistribute either of these installers in the setup for your own product or application, we recommend that you choose the web installer because it is smaller and typically downloads faster. You can download the web installer here. Wherever possible, Microsoft recommends you use the Web Installer in lieu of the Offline Package for optimal efficiency and bandwidth requirements. The offline package can be used in situations where the web installer cannot be used due to lack of internet connectivity. This package is larger than the web installer and does not include the language packs. You can download and install the language packs from here.
Supported Operating Systems
Windows 10, Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7 SP1 (x86 and x64)
- Windows 8 (x86 and x64)
- Windows 8.1 (x86 and x64)
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (x64)
- Windows Server 2012 (x64)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (x64)
- 1 GHz or faster processor
- 512 MB of RAM
- 2.5 GB of available hard disk space (x86)
- 2.5 GB of available hard disk space (x64)
- On this page, choose the Download button.
- To install the software now, choose the Run button.
- To install the software later, choose the Save button. (When you install, the computer must be connected to the Internet.)
- Please see the Knowledge Base Article KB3102436 for more information.
When you install this package you will see following packages/updates installed as per operating system:
- On Windows 7 SP1 / Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, you will see the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 as an installed product under Programs and Features in Control Panel.
- On Windows 8 / Windows Server 2012 you can find this as Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3102439) under Installed Updates in Control Panel.
- On Windows 8.1 / Windows Server 2012 R2 you can find this as Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3102467) under Installed Updates in Control Panel.
- On Windows 10 you can find this as Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3102495) under Installed Updates in Control Panel.
This version of the .NET Framework runs side-by-side with the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and earlier versions, but performs an in-place update for the .NET Framework 4, .NET Framework 4.5, .NET Framework 4.5., .NET Framework 4.5.2 and .NET Framework 4.6. For important information about this release, see the .NET Framework 4.6.1 Readme File.