MoE Schools’ Agreement
The NZ Ministry of Education's Agreement with Microsoft opens the door to learning without limits! Now every state and state-integrated school in New Zealand has access to Microsoft's powerful suite of learning and collaboration tools for their students and staff.
What Software is in the Agreement?
Check out and access powerful software and tools for learning in your school today.
Inspiring stories of how schools across New Zealand and Australia are using Microsoft technology to create immersive teaching and learning experiences.
Are You Ready to Get Started?
Begin your journey with the Education Transformation Framework to envision what's possible for your school and how to get there.
Find a School IT Provider
To help, advise, deploy or support your Agreement IT.
Get Free Office for Students and Teachers
Equip your staff and students with the latest learning and collaboration tools via the Ministry licensing partner Datacom.
Become a Microsoft Authorised Education Partner
Join the Microsoft Education Partner Network and benefit from the latest education product updates, marketing materials and technical resources.
Become a Silver or Gold Certified Partner
Join our Microsoft Partner network and enjoy marketing and training support for your IT pros and developers.
This Microsoft Enrolment for Education Services (EES) Agreement covers starts from 1 January 2022 and covers you until 31st December 2024.
Software included in the Agreement:
Schools are licensed to use the Microsoft 365 A3 suite which includes: Windows 10 operating system, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Enterprise Mobility & Security and rights to the Microsoft server software. A range of new cloud-delivered services and tools are available under the agreement, including Office 365 Pro Plus, the Enterprise Mobility & Security suite and Minecraft Education Edition. This agreement includes expanded Student Use Benefits (SUB) on more products.
- Office 365 provides a cloud-hosted suite of Office Productivity software. It allows choice for students’ and teachers’ devices to run Office in the cloud, on the desktop/device or in a hybrid mode where content is synchronized between the user’s device and cloud.
- Office 365 Pro Plus includes the latest versions of Access, Excel, Skype for Business, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Word. Users install the client software onto their own devices and can run up to 5 copies on their computer (Mac/PC) and 5 on their mobile device (Android/iPhone).
- Enterprise Mobility & Security enables schools to support mobile computing and Bring your own device (BYOD). It provides tools to manage mobile and desktop devices, applications, security, identity and access rights. It includes: Intune Mobile Device Management (MDM), Azure Active Directory Premium 1, Azure Rights Management and Advanced Threat Analytics.
- Minecraft Education Edition is an open-world game that promotes computational thinking, creativity, collaboration and problem solving in an immersive environment. With education specific features such as teacher classroom controls, coding connection and hundreds of curriculum lessons, schools can easily integrate game-based learning into their classrooms. Minecraft Education Edition currently runs on Windows 10 and MacOS.
- M365 A5 Licences which includes all services in A3 plus more advanced security management, additional analytics tools (through Power BI) and advanced compliance. A5 makes security a priority with Microsoft Defender, a cloud-based solution that helps protect your school identities, devices and apps from multiple types of advanced targeted cyberattacks.
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint is usually a product feature of A5 and provides an enterprise endpoint security platform designed to help school networks prevent, detect, investigate, and respond to advanced threats. For those users that have A3, the Ministry of Education is also licensing them with Microsoft Defender for Endpoint.
Updated versions of all Microsoft’s key on-premise software are available. Email email@example.com for more details and how to get started!