Under the hood:
Microsoft and Enjin have collaborated in a local pilot to create a blockchain based recognition programme. The Azure Heroes badgers were created in a number of original and unique designs which have been tokenised into a digital asset on the Ethereum public blockchain. Here are some key things to know:
• Each season, our badgers will be minted in verifiably limited quantities and recorded on the public blockchain
• We will continue to issue badgers to the community for various achievements until supplies are depleted
• Blockchain technology is being used for issuance and transactions which means that as a recipient of a tokenised badger, you take ownership of a digital collectible in the form of a non-fungible token (NFT)
• Some badgers are more difficult to earn than others and have a verifiably fixed supply which you can see for yourself on the public ledger.
• Because each badger is scarce with its own transaction hash, and not simply a copiable image stored on a central server, they require a blockchain wallet to safely store them
• Distribution of badgers is done with a QR code which after scanning will present the recipient with the option to install the wallet
• After initial receipt of the NFT Badger in the Enjin wallet, the owner can send the token to any public Ethereum address, or destroy it if it's no longer desired
Follow #azureheroes for more information. Available in selected Western European countries.