Translator enables individuals and organizations to communicate effectively across languages in Outlook, whether for business or personal use, and on any platform or device.
The Translator for Outlook add-in offers an in-app email translation experience, providing you with a simple way to translate and read messages in your preferred language across devices.
- Install once and use everywhere. Use anywhere you use Outlook: Windows, Office 365, Outlook.com, Mac, iOS and Android.
- Translate seamlessly. Translate emails with just one click, and without needing to switch between apps to get translation. The original language is automatically detected with immediate translation, even with multiple languages in the message, or a large message (message thread).
- Preserve original formatting. See the translated message with all of the original content & formatting—including images, tables, and links.
- Secure and private. All translation requests are fully secured and encrypted from end to end. We don’t keep any records of your translations and your data is never shared with a third-party. Learn more about security and privacy in Microsoft Office products.
The Translator add-in requires an Outlook (Office 365, Exchange, or Outlook.com) account, and is supported on the following applications:
- Outlook 2013 or later on Windows
- Outlook for iOS
- Outlook for Android
- Outlook on the Web
- Outlook for Mac 2016
How it works
To use the Translator for Outlook add-in, you must first enable it on your Outlook email account. Once it’s enabled, it will appear across devices (i.e. Outlook apps on different platforms) where that Outlook account is set up.
Option 1: Enable from the Office Store
- Go to the Translator add-in on the Office Store
- Click the “Add” button
- If you are not logged in, you will be prompted to log into the Outlook email account where you’d like the add-in to be enabled—either a personal one at outlook.com or your corporate Office 365 one at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow the instructions shown to finish enabling the add-in.
Option 2: Enable directly from the Outlook for iOS app
Go to Settings → Add-ins and tap on the ‘+’ button next to Translator to enable it. (Once enabled, it will appear across devices where your email account is set up, and where Translator is supported.)
How to Use
Outlook on Windows or Mac
Outlook on the web (Office 365 or Outlook.com)
Outlook on iOS
- When you go back to your inbox and open an email to read, you will see the add-in symbol in the message header:
- Tapping this will show you the list of add-ins activated for that message. From here, you can tap to activate Translator.