You love your phone. So does your PC.
Your devices, your content, when you want it, where you want it, at your command. You can now work back and forth between your phone and your Windows 10 PC without missing a beat.1
Do more of what you ❤️
The new Samsung Galaxy Note10 & Note10+, now with the best of Microsoft apps and services 👍.
Back up your files
No need to worry about losing any of your photos or videos. OneDrive Mobile automatically backs up* your camera. Also, no need to worry about space, because an Office 365 subscription comes with 1TB of secure cloud storage. And because files are saved in the cloud, you can access them from your PC and tablet, too.4
Text from your computer
Stay up on your notifications
Snap a pic on your phone, see it on your PC
Stop emailing yourself photos. With Your Phone app, your Android phone’s most-recent photos sync to your PC.5 So now when you need to add a recent image to your email, paper or presentation, just drag and drop.
Launch a whole new look
Browse here and there
Stay in sync
Forget multiple usernames and passwords—just sign-in with your Microsoft account for all things Microsoft.GET A MICROSOFT ACCOUNT
Your Phone is an app that runs on your PC. It's preinstalled in Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) and it's available to download in Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803).
To find out if you already have the app on your PC, in the search box on the taskbar, type Your Phone and select Your Phone from the results. If Your Phone is not in your app list, open Microsoft Store in the app list, and in the search box at the top of the Store page, type Your Phone.
Once you have the Your Phone app installed on your PC, follow the directions to install the app on your phone.
When you open the Your Phone app for the first time, we’ll walk you through the setup process. The steps vary depending on how you've previously used Windows and various Microsoft mobile apps. Here are some of the things that we might ask you to do on your PC and on your phone:
- In the search box on the taskbar, type Your Phone and then select Your Phone from the results. Sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Enter your mobile phone number so we can send you a link to install a companion app on your phone. The specific app we send you varies by the type of phone you have. Typically, we'll send you the Your Phone Companion app for Android.
- When you receive the text message from Microsoft, tap the link to install the companion app on your phone.
- Open the companion app on your phone and follow the setup instructions.
- If you're prompted to sign in to the companion app, be sure to use the same Microsoft account that you're using on your PC.
- Accept the notifications on your phone that request access to your photos and other related permissions.
After you’ve completed the setup process on your Android phone and PC, you’ll be able to use the Your Phone app to see your most recent photos from your phone and to send text messages from your PC. If you have an iPhone, you'll be able to send web pages from Microsoft Edge on your phone to Microsoft Edge on your PC.
Note: If you've followed all of the set up steps and the connection is not working on your PC, select Settings, and make sure Photos and Messages are set to On.
The Your Phone app on Windows 10 lets you:
- Link your phone and PC to unlock a variety of cross-device experiences for Android.
- See recent photos from your phone on your PC for Android only.
- View and send text messages from your PC for Android only.
On your PC, select the Start button, then select Settings > Phone.
Open Phone settings
Tip: If you don’t see the Phone option in Settings, you’re not running Windows 10 version 1709 or later. To install the latest version of Windows 10, select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & Security and select Check for updates.
Check for updates
Select Add a phone, then follow the instructions to enter your phone number.
Look for a text message from Microsoft on your phone.
Open the text and tap the link. The link will open the App Store.
Install the app.
Your Phone Companion app
When used in conjunction with the Your Phone app on your Windows 10 computer, this app (formerly known as "Microsoft Apps") lets you:
- See photos from your Android phone on your PC.
- View and send text messages from your PC (requires an Android phone).
- Browse all the apps from Microsoft on Android in one simple experience.
- Lets you access your work/school calendar, documents and recent activities from your phone.
- Also lets you send photos, docs and web pages almost instantly to your PC.
- Lets you send an individual web page from your phone to your PC, immediately or to read later.
- Also automatically syncs your web browser favourites, browser history and reading list items between Microsoft Edge on your phone and your PC.
- Lets you send articles from the Cortana Interests tab on your phone to Microsoft Edge on your PC.
- Also automatically syncs your Cortana notebook (your interests, reminders, etc.) between your phone and your PC so your personal assistant can continue to help you no matter which device you’re currently using.
1 Users must link their phone to their Windows PC in PC settings. Users will receive an app from Microsoft which they must download to their phone and follow the setup prompts, including being signed into same Microsoft Account across mobile apps and Windows 10 PC. Some apps not compatible in S mode.