Unlock your potential with Microsoft Copilot
Account Lockout Status (LockoutStatus.exe)
Account Lockout Status (LockoutStatus.exe) is a combination command-line and graphical tool that displays lockout information about a particular user account.
300.5 KBAccount Lockout Status (LockoutStatus.exe) is a combination command-line and graphical tool that displays lockout information about a particular user account. LockoutStatus collects information from every contactable domain controller in the target user account's domain. This update addresses the following issues:
- Password set dialog does not limit textual input to password and confirm password edit boxes.
- Password set operation fails to set proper password. Password length is miscalculated resulting in a password of 1 character.
Supported Operating Systems
Windows 2000 Service Pack 3, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP
You can download and use LockoutStatus.exe on any of the following platforms:
- Windows 2000 with Service Pack 3 or later
- Windows XP
- Windows Server 2003
- Click the Download link to start the download.
- In the File Download dialog box, select Save this program to disk.
- Select a location on your computer to save the file, and then click Save.
- In Windows Explorer, go to the location where you saved the downloaded file, double-click the file to start the installation process, and then follow the instructions.
When you install a tool, you are prompted to choose an install directory. If the Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit is installed, install the tool in the Resource Kit directory to avoid an overly large system path and to ensure more reliable upgrades. When you install the Resource Kit, the recommended directory is C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools.