Fuzzy Lookup Add-In for Excel
The Fuzzy Lookup Add-In for Excel performs fuzzy matching of textual data in Excel.
1.4 MBThe Fuzzy Lookup Add-In for Excel was developed by Microsoft Research and performs fuzzy matching of textual data in Microsoft Excel. It can be used to identify fuzzy duplicate rows within a single table or to fuzzy join similar rows between two different tables. The matching is robust to a wide variety of errors including spelling mistakes, abbreviations, synonyms and added/missing data. For instance, it might detect that the rows “Mr. Andrew Hill”, “Hill, Andrew R.” and “Andy Hill” all refer to the same underlying entity, returning a similarity score along with each match. While the default configuration works well for a wide variety of textual data, such as product names or customer addresses, the matching may also be customized for specific domains or languages.
Supported Operating Systems
Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Vista
- Preinstalled Software (Prerequisites): Microsoft Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, or 2016
- 1 GHz processor, 1 core or higher
- 1 GB of RAM
- 2 GB of available hard disk space The following libraries are required and will be installed if necessary:
- .NET 4.5
- VSTO 4.0
- To install and use Fuzzy Lookup Add-In for Excel, complete the following steps:
- Uninstall any previous versions of Fuzzy Lookup Add-In for Excel.
- Run Setup.exe to install the add-in per-user. - or -
- Save Setup.exe, right-click Setup.exe and Run As Administrator.
- An option for per-machine installation is available when Setup.exe is run as Administrator and may resolve any Trusted Publisher errors encountered in a per-user install.
- Running Setup.exe as Administrator may resolve error 0x80070659 encountered during installation.
- Read the license terms in the 'LicenseTerms.rtf' document.
- Read the 'README.docx' document for further installation and usage instructions.
- Excel Options => Trust Center => Trust Center Settings... => Add-ins => Require Application Add-ins to be signed by Trusted Publisher
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer\ DisableMsi = 0