Discover Microsoft Security Copilot: Defend your organization at machine speed and scale with generative AI. Learn more
Get industry-leading endpoint protection—for 50% less
For a limited time, save 50 percent on comprehensive endpoint security for devices across platforms and clouds. Terms apply.
Defend against threats across your entire digital estate
Secure your multicloud, multiplatform environment
Get real-time protection across Azure, Amazon Web Services, and Google Cloud Platform as well as Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, and IoT platforms.
Get complete visibility into threats
Uncover sophisticated attacks such as human-operated ransomware with ML-based detections powered by global threat intelligence.
Investigate and respond faster
Accelerate incident response and stop breaches more quickly with a unified investigation experience and built-in automation.
Detect, investigate, remediate, and defend against threats wherever they lurk
Our combined SIEM and XDR solution enables SecOps teams to detect, investigate, respond to, and defend against threats with a fully integrated and comprehensive set of capabilities—including security information and event management (SIEM), security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR), behavioral analytics (UEBA), extended detection and response (XDR), and global threat intelligence.
Be more efficient
Save up to 60 percent by using Microsoft Security rather than multiple point solutions.1
Integrated threat protection with SIEM and XDR
Microsoft 365 Defender
Build a powerful defense with unified security and visibility across your endpoints, hybrid identities, emails, and cloud apps. Microsoft 365 Defender improves response effectiveness, stops lateral movements, and unifies security and identity access management, enabling you to protect your organization more effectively.
Detect breaches and anomalies, investigate threats, and remediate issues across all of your first-party and third-party security data sources. Microsoft Sentinel is highly integrated with Microsoft XDR, providing increased context and single-click remediation using built-in automation.
Microsoft Defender for Cloud
Help protect your multicloud and hybrid cloud workloads with built-in XDR capabilities. Make your servers, storage, databases, containers, and other assets more secure. Focus on what matters most with prioritized alerts and seamless integration in Microsoft Sentinel, natively correlating alerts into broader, end-to-end incidents.
Three Reasons to Shift to Integrated Threat Protection
Learn how you can make your security operations center more proactive, efficient, and cost-effective with integrated SIEM and XDR.
Security operations maturity self-assessment tool
Find out if your security operations center is prepared to detect, respond, and recover from threats.
Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for SIEM
Microsoft is recognized as a Leader in the 2022 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Security Information and Event Management.2,3
The Forrester New Wave™: Extended Detection and Response (XDR) Providers
Microsoft Defender is named a Leader in The Forrester New Wave™: Extended Detection and Response (XDR) Providers, Q4 2021.4
Leader in MITRE ATT&CK
Microsoft 365 Defender demonstrates industry-leading protection in the 2022 MITRE Engenuity ATT&CK Evaluations.
Forrester Wave™ for Security Analytics Platforms
Microsoft is named a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Security Analytics Platforms, Q4 2022.5
Integrated threat protection news
The Total Economic Impact™ Of Microsoft SIEM And XDR
See how Microsoft SIEM and XDR reduced the risk of breach by 60 percent and threat response time by 88 percent.6
The Total Economic Impact™ Of Microsoft 365 Defender
Learn how the study found a 242 percent ROI over three years and how SecOps efficiency added USD$6M to the bottom line.7
CISO Insider: Issue 2
Learn how CISOs are tackling cyberextortion and the best practices they’re using to contain such lateral attacks with minimal disruption the business.
Additional threat protection resources
Get the latest intel on threats
Stay ahead of advanced, persistent attacker trends with guidance, commentary, and insights.
Microsoft Mechanics video
Join Microsoft Security CVP Rob Lefferts for a deeper look at Microsoft Defender.
-  Savings based on publicly available estimated pricing for other vendor solutions and Web Direct/Base. Price shown for Microsoft offerings.
-  Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Gartner is a registered trademark and service mark and Magic Quadrant is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
-  Gartner Magic Quadrant for Security Information and Event Management, Pete Shoard | Andrew Davies | Mitchell Schneider, 10 October 2022.
-  The Forrester New Wave™: Extended Detection and Response (XDR) Providers, Q4 2021, Allie Mellen, October 2021.
-  The Forrester New Wave™: Security Analytics Platforms, Q4 2022, Allie Mellen, December 14, 2022.
-  A commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting, August 2022.
-  A commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting, April 2022.