Transform learning with Microsoft 365 Education
Microsoft 365 Education offers a suite of student-centred solutions that help create an equitable learning environment for all and help students succeed in the classroom and beyond. Find which plan is right for your institution below.
Unlock students’ potential
Help students catch up, keep up, and get ahead with Learning Accelerators. These tools create more opportunities for students to practice through immediate feedback in core subjects like reading, writing, and math. Learning Accelerators also track progress and provide actionable insights for teachers.
Prepare for the future
Get students familiar with tools they’ll likely use for years to come, like Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Teams, while building future-ready skills, like problem solving and collaboration.
Create a learning environment where everyone can fully participate with built-in, non-stigmatising tools across the Microsoft 365 Education suite. Read Aloud, Microsoft Translator, Live Captions, and Immersive Reader are just a few of the accessibility tools students and teachers can utilise.
Secure and future-proof IT
Manage technology and maximise security from one classroom to an entire district with Microsoft 365 Education. Our cloud-based system makes monitoring threats and pushing updates seamless to maximise learning time for all.
Microsoft 365 A1
A simple, one-time-per-device learning solution for modern workloads. Save time by managing all devices in a single dashboard.
Microsoft 365 A3
The right solution for institutions that need all the A1 features, plus desktop apps, advanced security, and analytics.
Microsoft 365 A5
Our most comprehensive plan features everything A3 offers, plus streamlined licensing, security, and management tools.
Microsoft 365 was a way for us to ensure parity and equity for all learners; to ensure they all have access to the same tools, the same software, and the same opportunities.Peter Kennedy, Head of Science Technology Engineering and Maths curriculum for the Welsh Government
We have the Microsoft 365 A5 license, and the kids can get the licensing on their home computers. That's a big plus for us because the district wanted the parents and the community to have the same tools that our students have.Kim LeBlanc, Chief Technology Officer, Calcasieu Parish School Board
We teach students how to use Microsoft 365 tools to set them up for success later. We teach them how to address and write an email, how to write a business letter, and how to develop a presentation. Microsoft 365 makes it easy to prepare students for the future.Hope Smalley-Jackson, Business Teacher in the Texas City Independent School District
Talk with an expert for plan pricing
From a single classroom to an entire school district, Microsoft 365 Education has the tools students, educators, and IT professionals need to succeed. Connect with an expert to personalise your plan and receive pricing for your school.
Microsoft Education interactive demos
Learn more about how to use Microsoft Education tools and programs.
Microsoft 365 Education documentation
Get information for IT administrators, developers, and partners.
Hear from innovative schools and educators around the globe, along with Microsoft leaders, on how we can empower every learner to achieve more.
Accelerate learning by providing quality feedback
Feedback is a cornerstone of teaching and learning, but what type of feedback is beneficial for students?
Transforming literacy to unlock positive futures
International Literacy Day, a day designated by UNESCO to highlight and raise awareness...
How Microsoft helps prevent cybersecurity attacks
Each year, hundreds of K-12 schools in the U.S. alone experience cyberattacks…
Microsoft 365 Education is a productivity cloud suite that enables the creation of equitable learning environments. We achieve this through solutions that help accelerate learning, prepare students from classroom to career, are inclusively designed, and support instructional and IT leaders with trusted and secure solutions.
Microsoft 365 builds on top of Office 365 apps such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook and provides enhanced management, security, and compliance tools.
Microsoft 365 Education provides several data and analytics solutions for education institutions:
- Education Insights: Education Insights is a no-cost, out-of-the-box analytics solution for schools using Teams for Education. It automatically connects key apps within Teams and the Microsoft 365 graph and makes student data easy to access for teachers and education leaders. Learn more
- Reflect: Help students recognise and navigate their emotions by providing regular opportunities to share and be heard. Reflect can help broaden learners' emotional vocabulary and deepen empathy for their peers while also providing valuable feedback to educators for a healthy classroom community. Learn more
- School Data Sync (SDS): A Microsoft 365 application for EDU tenants that connects with external 3rd-party systems (typically student information systems–SIS), to ingest and store data for the purposes of dynamic Microsoft 365 provisioning and enriched Microsoft 365 insights and analytics. Learn more
- Azure Data Export: Ability to export data from SDS and Education Insights (including Reflect, Assignments, and Progress / Coach data) into an Azure or 3rd -party data repository. This functionality currently requires Education Insights Premium.
- Open Education Analytics (OEA): An open-source effort led by Microsoft Education to empower education systems around the world to use data, analytics, and AI more effectively and ethically to improve learning outcomes. Institutions can access models from GitHub and learn best practices from other institutions to do advanced analytics such as predictive analytics. Learn more
- Partner solutions: Work with a Microsoft Partner to build custom analytics solutions that suit your needs, leveraging Microsoft 365 data.
There are three tiers of Microsoft 365 Education available, each with an array of helpful and inclusively designed features. Connect with one of our education experts to learn more about pricing and see how you can build an individualised plan that works best for your institution.
There are three versions of Microsoft 365 Education for your institution you can choose from:
- A1: A simple, one-time-per-device learning solution for all your modern workloads. Support every learner with desktop apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams, Minecraft: Education Edition, and more. This license also provides cloud management through Microsoft Intune for Education to save time by managing your devices in a single dashboard.
- A3: Enhance learning with desktop Office apps and increased security and management tools. Includes everything in the Microsoft 365 A1 license, plus additional features like Bookings and Live Events. The A3 plan also provides advanced security, management, and analytics.
- A5: Streamline licensing and potentially reduce costs with our most comprehensive suite of learning, compliance, security, and management tools. Includes all the teaching and learning features of Microsoft 365 A3.
- Available in over 50 languages to support English language learners (ELL), non-native speakers, learners who are deaf, and those with auditory processing disorders or cognitive differences
- Real-time translation in over 100 languages with PowerPoint Live translation
- Reading Progress and Reading Coach is supported in over 100 languages (list of supported languages)
We can’t answer this directly, as Google’s Practice Sets is still not generally available. However, here are some differences based on what we do know.
- Pricing: Learning Accelerators are a set of no-cost tools (available with an Office 365 A1 no-cost license), where Google Workplace requires their Plus or Teaching and Learning upgrade license.
- Skills & subjects: Learning Accelerators already support Reading and Search (digital literacy), and we are planning on launching new Learning Accelerators for Math and Speaking (communication) later this school year. It is unclear which subjects or skills Practice Sets will support beyond math.
Microsoft is committed to supporting equitable learning environments in all school systems. This means using safe and trusted first-party solutions that foster inclusivity, enable real-time insights, leverage available cloud services, and best prepare students for the future.
- Microsoft provides students with equitable education solutions that are inclusively designed to help all learners achieve more.
- Microsoft delivers solutions for educators that help them accelerate learning, support social and emotional well-being, and prepare all students for the workplace of tomorrow.
- Microsoft Education solutions support instructional and IT leaders with trusted, secure, and future-proof hardware and software options that are affordable, simple, scalable, and sustainable to meet the critical needs of education today and in the future.
- Reading Progress has been awarded a research-based design certification from Digital Promise
- Our teams have partnered with experts in each field to develop our Learning Accelerators tools. For example, we partnered with reading fluency experts such as Dr. Tim Rasinski, Pam Allyn, Dr. Mark Seidenberg, and Dr. Timothy Shanahan to develop Reading Progress and Reading Coach.
Many of our built-in tools are seamlessly integrated with Education Insights. Insights integrates student engagement with Teams for Education with Assignments, our emotional well-being survey tool Reflect, and Learning Accelerators to give educators and leaders a more holistic view of their students in an out of the box solution.