AI has the potential to disrupt every industry and every business, enabling companies of all sizes to achieve better business results by maximising three trends: massive data, massive computing power, and breakthrough algorithms. Through AI as a service, developers can apply what Microsoft has learned across vision, speech, knowledge, and language to their own business scenarios, trained with their own data.
Expanding on the primary concepts of AI, where machines show capabilities that are usually associated with human capabilities, we can explore how AI can learn over time, interpret data, and reason with data works. Additionally, machine learning creates algorithms varying from simple linear functions to extremely complex ones, like an artificial neural network.
Every organisation can leverage pre-built AI services to help bring more knowledge to each employee. Organisations can also leverage a conversational AI platform with pre-built AI services to power digital agents and bring knowledge to customers. When optimising business processes with AI, you can use packaged source solutions or create a custom AI solution. When looking to bring AI to every employee, you need to understand both how employees consume AI, and how new AI models have the potential to turn all employees into citizen data scientists.
Where to start
A good place to start, if you don’t have a lot of experience working with AI, is the AI Builder. It’s a Power Platform capability that helps you improve business performance by automating processes and predicting outcomes. AI Builder is a turnkey solution that brings the power of AI through a point-and-click experience. With AI Builder, you can add intelligence to your apps even if you have no coding or data science skills.
Using AI is easy thanks to integration with Power Apps and Microsoft Power Automate. Adding intelligence to your business is simple:
- Choose AI model type: Use the model type that suits your business need. Choose from a growing set of AI solutions.
- Connect data: Select your business-specific data from Common Data Service. AI Builder does the hard work for you thanks to the Common Data Model.
- Tailor your AI model: Filter your data, set scheduling, and tweak the AI model to optimise how your AI performs.
- Train your AI model: Training is an automatic process where AI Builder “teaches” your AI model how to resolve your business problem (for example, recognise your products on an image) thanks to your business data and tailoring. When trained, your AI model can generate insights, such as the result of a prediction or the list and number of objects detected in an image.
- Use your AI model’s insights: Use the results from your AI model across Power Platform to create solutions that meet your business needs, even if you have no coding skills. For example, create a flow that automates document processing in Power Automate Or, create an app in Power Apps that predicts whether a supplier will be out of compliance.