There are two options for installing Office for Mac if your Mac doesn't have a DVD drive.
Option 1: Convert your Office for Mac 2011 trial. To convert a trial version, you must have a valid product key. The product key will convert your trial into a fully licensed version of Office for Mac.
- Locate the 25-character product key in your product package or confirmation email.
- Open any Office for Mac application, like Word, PowerPoint, or Excel.
- On the first screen of the Microsoft Office Setup Assistant, click Enter your Product Key.
- Enter your product key and complete the installation instructions.
Option 2: If you have not previously installed the trial version, you can download Office for Mac from the Office for Mac website. To download, install, and activate the software you must have a valid Office 2011 product key.
- Locate your 25-character product key found in your product package or confirmation email.
- Go to http://www.microsoft.com/canada/mac/office-2011-digital-download
- Click Get Started to start the download process.
- When prompted, enter your 25-character product key and select your product language.
- When prompted, sign in with your Windows Microsoft account or sign up and create a new Windows Microsoft account account.
- After you enter your Windows Microsoft account, you will see a link to download the software. (You will also receive a confirmation email with a link to your My Account page if you prefer to wait and download your software at a later time.)
- Click Download Now to start the download.
- Save the file to your desktop. Do not change the file name.
- When the download is complete, double-click the .dmg file icon on your desktop. This opens the Installer application in Mac OS X.
- Follow the instructions in the installer screens to complete your installation.