Local events and webinars
Signup for training webinars and events from Microsoft Certified Partners.
SEM is a process and toolset for connecting shared business objectives, gaining buy-in, and measuring the impact of strategic initiatives on the organization.
This webinar will provide an overview of the process and a look into tools that can assist with driving improved decision making. Think: take your decision making to a higher level than 'what projects am I doing' into questions such as:
- How's my investment portfolio looking?
- What strategic investments SHOULD we make?
- What results are we seeing from our Product Portfolio (ie agile) of investments?
- How can we more successfully measure ROI at a business level across the portfolio of ALL initiatives
A demonstration of technology solutions and recommended assessment and deployment steps will be provided based upon PROJILITY's experience and industry good practice.
Microsoft Project is a scheduling tool, and the schedule of every project is based on one or more calendars. In this high-energy webinar, your Projility presenter will discuss the following:
- Configuring the Standard calendar in your Microsoft Project schedule
- Creating new calendars
- Setting the working schedule for each calendar where appropriate
- Specifying the Project calendar and the Nonworking Time calendar
- Specifying PTO on Resource calendars
- Using a Task calendar to override the project schedule
- Understanding how calendars impact the Duration, Start, and Finish of every task
Although the final topic seems to be very simple and straight forward, we guarantee that this topic will surprise you. In fact, regarding the final topic, our Projility presenter says: “Always trust the schedule in Microsoft Project. And when the schedule of a task does not seem to make sense, the underlying cause is almost always a calendar."
Aimed at both resource managers and project managers, your Projility presenter will use this high-energy webinar to demonstrate the resource management features and benefits of Project Online. We will discuss the following topics:
- Review the types of resources in Project Online that are of value to resource managers
- How project managers can use the Resource Engagements feature with Generic resources to forecast resource demand
- How project managers can request specific types of resources from their resource managers
- How resource managers can provide human resources to a project team based on the requests from project managers
- The resource reporting capabilities of Project Online, using the default features in the software as well as powerful resource reports in Power BI
Aimed at portfolio managers, program managers, and project managers, your Projility presenter will inspire and engage you during this webinar to demonstrating the portfolio management features and benefits of Project Online and Power BI. In this high-energy webinar, we will discuss the following topics:
- Using a SharePoint workflow as part of the project intake process
- Approving SharePoint workflow tasks to approve proposed projects
- Configuring the components of the Portfolio Analysis tool
- Using the Portfolio Analysis tool as part of the project intake process
- Using Portfolio and Program views and Power BI reports for portfolio Analysis
Two of the greatest mysteries in Microsoft Project are the features known as Task Types and Effort Driven. In one of our most popular webinars, your Projility presenter will reveal the secrets behind these two features. In this high-energy webinar, we will discuss the following topics:
- Explain and explore the purpose of Task Types and Effort Driven
- Demonstrate how to specify the Task Type and Effort Driven settings for single and multiple tasks
- Reveal the behavior of each Task Type and explain the logic behind their behavior
- Show the behavior of Effort Driven and non-Effort Driven tasks and explain each the behavior of each
Connect with a Microsoft Certified Partner
Microsoft Certified Partners possess a depth of experience in deploying Microsoft Project and PPM solutions and can help with time-to-value and share best practices. Learn more about the PPM Competency.
Project Online offers a family of solutions to plan, manage, and execute small and big projects and portfolios. Project Online integrates with Office 365 applications like Microsoft Planner and Power BI Pro.