Your productivity cloud across work and life
Learn what this means for you.
Microsoft 365—new name, more value, same price.
Powerful productivity apps for individuals and families.
Microsoft 365—new name, same great value, same price.
Productivity solutions for small and medium sized businesses.
Microsoft 365—same name, same great value, same price.
Enterprise-grade productivity, management, and security.
Frequently asked questions
We changed the name to be more reflective of the range of features and benefits in the subscription, to meet the unique needs of individuals and businesses.
Microsoft 365 includes everything you know in Office 365. Microsoft 365 is designed to help people and businesses achieve more with innovative Office apps, intelligent cloud services, and world-class security.
- Microsoft 365 Family
- Microsoft 365 Personal
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic
- Microsoft 365 Business Standard
- Microsoft 365 Business Premium
- Microsoft 365 Apps for business
- Microsoft 365 E3
- Microsoft 365 E5
- Microsoft 365 F1
- Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise
Some Office 365 subscriptions automatically become Microsoft 365 subscriptions. No action required.
- Office 365 Personal becomes Microsoft 365 Personal.
- Office 365 Home becomes Microsoft 365 Family.
- Office 365 Business Essentials becomes Microsoft 365 Business Basic.
- Office 365 Business Premium becomes Microsoft 365 Business Standard.
- Microsoft 365 Business becomes Microsoft 365 Business Premium.
- Office 365 Business becomes Microsoft 365 Apps for business.
- Office 365 ProPlus becomes Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise.
There are no changes to the following Office 365 for enterprise plans:
- Office 365 E1
- Office 365 E3
- Office 365 E5
No, the subscription cost will not change.
Yes, internet access is required to install and activate Microsoft 365 and get all the latest releases of apps and services.
Note that if you are an existing subscriber, you do not need to reinstall or purchase another subscription.
You do not need to be connected to the internet to use the Office apps, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, because the apps are fully installed on your computer.