Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (Tech Preview)
Get started for free
Please select your product experience:
Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager helps IT manage PCs and servers, keeping software up-to-date, setting configuration and security policies, and monitoring system status while giving employees access to corporate applications on the devices that they choose. When Configuration Manager is integrated with Microsoft Intune, you can manage corporate-connected PCs and Macs along with cloud-based mobile devices running Windows, iOS, and Android, all from a single management console.
The Technical Preview includes support for Windows 10 with existing Configuration Manager features, as well as, additional enhancements for operating system deployments, software update management, device management, and more.
Technical Previews are early pre-release builds. Many of the features and scenarios are still in development. As such, this preview is not intended for production environments, production labs, nor full evaluations.
- Need more information about Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (Technical Preview Branch)? Checkout product documentation.
- To include Microsoft Intune in your evaluation for a unified management of PCs and servers, as well as, cloud-based mobile devices, sign up for a free evaluation.
- Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (Technical Preview Branch) | 64-bit and 32-bit.exe
- Review Configuration Manager Technical Preview system requirements.
- Register, then download and install full-featured software for a 90-day trial.
- Receive emails with resources to guide you through your evaluation.
- The preview is supported for use in a lab environment only and is not supported for use in a production environment.
- Upgrading from a previous version of System Center Configuration Manager is not supported.
- Upgrading to a later version of Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager product branch is also not supported.
- Up to 10 clients can be managed.
- Only a standalone primary site is supported; secondary sites are not supported.
A product key is not required for the Technical Preview.
Product Website | Secure, deploy, and manage all endpoints with Microsoft Endpoint Manager
Microsoft Docs | Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager technical documentation
Community | Microsoft Tech Community: Configuration Manager
Product Resource | Which branch of Configuration Manager should I use?
Watch the Demo | Enable Configuration Manager and Intune Co-management
Product Resource | Updates and servicing for Configuration Manager
Configuration Manager helps IT manage PCs and servers, keeping software up-to-date, setting configuration and security policies, and monitoring system status while giving employees access to corporate applications on the devices that they choose.
The Microsoft Endpoint Manager Evaluation Lab Kit provides a self-deploying Configuration Manager lab environment and guidance on using this unified platform to deploy and manage Windows 10 and Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise. At the end of this lab, you will become familiar with using certain key features of Microsoft Intune and Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager in the unified Microsoft Endpoint Manager administration console.
Get stated with the Microsoft Endpoint Manager Evaluation Lab Kit
Microsoft Intune is a cloud-based service that focuses on mobile device management (MDM) and mobile application management (MAM). Control how your organization’s devices are used—including mobile phones, tablets, laptops—and configure specific policies to control applications.
Get started with Microsoft Intune
Microsoft Defender for Identity (formerly Azure Advanced Threat Protection, also known as Azure ATP) is a cloud-based security solution that leverages your on-premises Active Directory signals to identify, detect, and investigate advanced threats, compromised identities, and malicious insider actions directed at your organization.
Get started with Microsoft Defender for Identity1
1: Microsoft Defender for Identity is a part of the Enterprise Mobility + Security E5 trial
Microsoft Identity Manager 2016 offers a comprehensive solution for managing identities, credentials, and identity-based access policies across heterogeneous environments.
Get started with Identity Manager 2016