Windows and Office Deployment Lab KitEvaluations
Windows and Office Deployment Lab KitEvaluations 5 | Last Visited:
Registration is required for this evaluation.
Click continue to begin your evaluation.Loading...
Your download has started. This download has multiple files.
If the download did not start automatically, click the button below.We're sorry. A technical error has been encountered, and we are unable to deliver the download to you. Our technical team is working on it now. Please try again later.You can only download this evaluation from a desktop computer.Please select your language:
The Windows and Office Deployment Lab Kit is designed to help you plan, test, and validate modern desktops running Windows 10 Enterprise and Office 365 ProPlus, managed by Enterprise Mobility + Security.
The lab kit is free to download and uses evaluation software.
A complete lab environment
The lab provides you with an automatically provisioned virtual lab environment, including domain-joined desktop clients, domain controller, Internet gateway, and a fully configured ConfigMgr instance. The lab contains evaluation versions of the following products:
- Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1909
- Windows 7 Enterprise, version 6.1
- System Center Configuration Manager, version 1902
- Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit for Windows 10, version 1903
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring 2.5 SP1
- Windows Server 2019
- Microsoft SQL Server 2017
Step-by-step lab guides
The labs cover steps and tools outlined in the Desktop Deployment wheel, spanning System Center Configuration Manager, Windows Analytics, Office Customization Tool, OneDrive, Windows Autopilot, and more.
Device and App Readiness
- Windows Analytics
- Browser Compatibility
Directory and Network Readiness
- Basic setup for Azure Active Directory and Microsoft 365
- Optimize Windows 10 update delivery
- Cloud Management Gateway (CMG) and Cloud Distribution Point (CDP)
- ConfigMgr and Microsoft Intune Co-Management
- Outlook Mailbox Hosted Cache Reduction via Group Policy
- Remote Access (VPN)
Office and LOB App Delivery
- Office 365 ProPlus deployment using System Center Configuration Manager
- Office 365 ProPlus deployment using Microsoft Intune
- App deployment and management using Microsoft Intune
- App deployment and self-service installation using Microsoft Store for Business
- Desktop Bridge application conversion to UWP
- Windows App Certification Kit
- MSIX Packaging and Conversion of Win32 Applications
User File and Settings Migration
- Known Folder Move
- Enterprise State Roaming
- Start Menu Customization and UWP App Removal
- User Experience Virtualization (EU-V)
Security and Compliance
- BitLocker device encryption
- Windows Defender Antivirus
- Windows Hello for Business
- BIOS to UEFI conversion as an enabler for virtualization-based security
- Windows Defender Credential Guard
- Windows Defender Application Guard
- Windows Defender Exploit Guard
- Windows Defender Application Control
- Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection
OS Deployment and Feature Updates
- OS image creation
- OS Deployment Task Sequences in ConfigMgr
- Bare Metal
- OS Deployment Task Sequences in MDT
- Feature Updates using Upgrade Task Sequences in ConfigMgr
- Windows Autopilot
Office and Windows as a Service
- Manage Windows updates using Group Policy
- Servicing Windows 10 using Microsoft Intune
- Servicing Windows 10 using Configuration Manager
- Servicing Office 365 ProPlus with Configuration Manager
English (United States)
The lab kit consists of two self-extracting zip files: the lab environment and the lab guides.
Carefully read the information below before you continue with the download.
The lab supports the 64-bit editions of Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 which must be imported to set up a lab once Hyper-V is installed.
The Hyper-V Host on which the Windows 10 PoC Lab needs to be imported must meet the following minimum specifications:
- Hyper-V role installed
- Administrative rights on the device
- 150 GB of free disk space (300 GB recommended)
- High-throughput disk subsystem
- 16 GB of available memory (32 GB recommended)
- High-end processor for faster processing
Please use a broad bandwidth to download this content to enhance your downloading experience. Lab expires February 15, 2020. A new version will be published prior to expiration.
Things to Know
This lab kit contains evaluation software that is designed for IT professionals interested in evaluating Windows 10 deployment and management products and tools on behalf of their organization. We do not recommend that you install this evaluation if you are not an IT professional or are not professionally managing corporate networks or devices. Additionally, the lab environment is intended for evaluation purposes only. It is a standalone virtual environment and should not be used or connected to your production environment.
Microsoft 365 business documentation and resourcesProduct Resources | Last Visited:Microsoft 365 business documentation and resourcesProduct Resources
Introducing Microsoft 365Product Resources | Last Visited:Introducing Microsoft 365Product Resources
Windows IT Pro BlogCommunity | Last Visited:Windows IT Pro BlogCommunity
Deploy and update Windows 10Product Resources | 5 mins | Last Visited:Deploy and update Windows 10Product Resources | 5 mins
Deployment Guide: Office 365 ProPlusGetting Started Guides | 5 mins | Last Visited:Deployment Guide: Office 365 ProPlusGetting Started Guides | 5 mins
Desktop Deployment CenterProduct Resources | Last Visited:Desktop Deployment CenterProduct Resources
Plan for Windows 10 DeploymentGetting Started Guides | Unlimited | Last Visited:Plan for Windows 10 DeploymentGetting Started Guides | Unlimited