Business divisions we operate and manage
Commercial Operations supports the fulfillment and revenue processing operations of the company’s multi-billion-dollar Commercial business with a vision to deliver on the promise of Right Revenue, Right Returns on Investment for Microsoft. Commercial Operations has Regional Operating Centers located in Nevada, Florida, Ireland, North Dakota and Singapore. Commercial Operations globally manages channel partner and customer contract management, revenue processing, manufacturing/fulfillment of media, electronic software distribution and volume licensing customer care in line with the five Microsoft Operations strategies.
Global Services Operations (GSO) organization is responsible for managing the contract-to-cash process for Premier Support and Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS) businesses worldwide. The Americas team is located in Reno, Fort Lauderdale, Charlotte and across the US. We partner closely with our Sales and Delivery colleagues across Microsoft Services aspiring to make it easy to work with Microsoft through compliant deal preparation, contract management, billing, revenue recognition, renewals and pipeline management.
- Revenue Recognition: The Revenue Recognition group ensures Microsoft revenue is recognized appropriately in accordance with U.S. and local GAAP requirements through analyses, review of customer agreements, and partnering with the business on offer design and operational processes.
- Statutory Accounting: The Statutory Accounting team is responsible for ensuring the integrity of Microsoft's financial records for multiple key entities located in Nevada, Canada, Mexico, and Brazil. This includes performing key SOX statutory reviews, audit coordination, and annual financial statement preparation. This team contributes to the overall Finance mission by ensuring accurate, complete and timely processing of financial transactions.
- Microsoft Operations Puerto Rico (MOPR): The MOPR Finance team is responsible for the site financial functions located in Puerto Rico, including statutory and tax compliance, cash management and banking transactions, site Accounts Payable, Capex spend, Financial Planning and Analysis for MOPR Commercial Ops and site Procurement & Warehouse functions. The team also manages the One Microsoft Puerto Rico Retirement Plan for all three legal entities in Puerto Rico and provides statutory support to the PR and Canada Retail Stores.
- Advertising: The Advertising team is responsible for the integrity of the financials for the global Search Advertising and News business, including related revenue recognition, partner incentives, and financial reporting/SOX requirements. The team also leads finance readiness efforts to enable new business launches in this space.
- Other Functions: The Americas Operations Center is also home to finance professionals supporting financial planning and analysis, credit services and tax compliance.