Internet Explorer was retired on June 15, 2022
Contoso BI Demo Dataset for Retail Industry
A fictitious retail demo dataset used for presenting Microsoft Business Intelligence products.
Important! Selecting a language below will dynamically change the complete page content to that language.
626.5 MBThe Contoso BI Demo dataset is used to demonstrate DW/BI functionalities across the entire Microsoft Office product family. This dataset includes C-level, sales/marketing, IT, and common finance scenarios for the retail industry and support map integration. In addition, this dataset offers large volumes of transactions from OLTP and well-structured aggregations from OLAP, along with reference and dimension data.
Supported Operating Systems
Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows VistaMicrosoft SQL Server 2008
- To download the product:
• Click the links below and save the two executable files to your hard disk.
To extract the components:
1. Double-click each executable file to run the extraction process. Each time, you will be prompted to choose a location for the contents. Make sure that you save all of the components to the same directory on your hard disk.
2. To start the extraction, click OK.
3. After the extraction has completed, click OK.
To restore and process the Contoso BI Demo dataset:
1. Open SQL Server Management Studio, and select Database Engine.
2. Enter the Server name and click Restore Database….
3. Restore ContosoRetailDW.bak file to ContosoRetailDW database.
5. Connect to Analysis Services in SQL Server Management Studio and restore ContosoRetail.abf backup file to Contoso_Retail OLAP database.
6. Verify Data Sources of Contoso_Retail is connecting to ContosoRetailDW,
7. Click Process.