Internet Explorer was retired on June 15, 2022
Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Common Controls
Update for the Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Common Controls: mscomctl.ocx and comctl32.ocx.
KB Articles:This package updates two Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Common Controls: mscomctl.ocx and comctl32.ocx to address the issues described in the KB articles noted in the Related Resources section on this page.
This package will not install these Common Controls if they do not already exist on the target system. This package cannot be uninstalled.
This package is provided under the terms of the End User License Agreement and is intended for the following customers:
- Customers who are Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 and/or Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 licensees.
- Customers who are not licensees of Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 nor Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 but are using older versions of the two Common Controls.
Supported Operating Systems
Windows XP, Windows 98, Windows 2000 Professional Edition , Windows XP Media Center Edition, Windows XP Professional Edition , Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition , Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows XP Home Edition
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download, or select a different language from the Change language drop-down list and click Go.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Run.
- To save the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save.
- To cancel the installation, click Cancel.
- Please see the Knowledge Base Articles KB841999 and KB827217 for more information.