Internet Explorer was retired on June 15, 2022
Planning for sites and solutions for SharePoint Server 2
Subjects include business intelligence, site creation, web content management, and enterprise search.
Important! Selecting a language below will dynamically change the complete page content to that language.
4.0 MBThis book provides information about planning for site and solutions created by deploying Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010. Subjects include business intelligence, site creation, web content management, and enterprise search. The audiences for this book are business application specialists, line-of-business specialists, information architects, IT generalists, program managers, and infrastructure specialists who are planning a solution based on SharePoint Server 2010. This book is part of a set of four planning guides that provide comprehensive IT planning information for SharePoint Server.
For further information about planning sites and solutions for SharePoint Server, see Planning guide for sites for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010, Part 1. Subjects in Part 1 include site security, governance, and enterprise content management.
For information about planning the architecture of a SharePoint Server 2010 deployment, see Planning guide for server farms and environments for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010.
For information about planning for capacity and performance in SharePoint Server 2010, see Capacity planning for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010.
The content in this book is a copy of selected content in the SharePoint Server 2010 technical library as of the publication date. For the most current content, see the technical library on the Web.
Supported Operating Systems
Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XPTo use this document, you must have a program capable of opening one of the provided file formats.
- To open the .doc file, you can use Microsoft Word 2010. Microsoft Office Word 2007, or the free Word viewer.
- To open the .pdf file, you can use a free viewer such as Adobe Acrobat.
- To open the .xps file, you must have Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP with .NET Framework 3.0, or the XPS Essentials Pack.
- Click Download button next to the file you want to download to start the download.
- Click Save or Save this program to disk.
- Find the file on your computer and double-click it to open it.