Unlock your potential with Microsoft Copilot
Monitoring Pack for WS-Management and SMASH Device Discovery
This monitoring pack adds a new template to System Center – Operations Manage to enable discovery and management of WS-Management/SMASH compliant devices..
640.0 KBThis management pack adds a new template to System Center – Operations Manage to enable discovery and management of WS-Management/SMASH compliant devices.
The features of this Management Pack include:
- Enables discovery and monitoring of WS-Management/SMASH compliant devices via a Management Pack Template
- Scans IP ranges, subnets or list of IP addresses searching for compliant devices
- Device health determined through WS-Management ping
- Device health state rolls up to the appropriate computer’s health
- Supports both simple and Windows authentication modes
- Supports standard WS-Management communication options
- Supports Operations Manager resource pools
- 4/1/2012 - Original Release version 7.0.8707.0
Supported Operating Systems
Windows Server 2019, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012This managment pack is independent of SCOM and Windows version. This MP will be imported on all Windows and SCOM versions.
- When imported, this monitoring pack will add a new Management Pack Template name “WS-Management and SMASH device template” in the Authoring space of the Operations Manager console. This template will enable users to discover and monitor devices out-of-band via WS-Management/SMASH.