Internet Explorer was retired on June 15, 2022
.NET Framework 4.5
.NET Framework 4.5 is a highly compatible, in-place update to .NET Framework 4.
982.0 KBThe .NET Framework 4.5 is a highly compatible, in-place update to the .NET Framework 4. By using the .NET Framework 4.5 together with the C#, Visual Basic, or F# programming language, you can write Windows apps. The .NET Framework 4.5 includes significant language and framework enhancements for C#, Visual Basic, and F# (so that you can more easily write asynchronous code), the blending of control flow in synchronous code, a responsive UI, and web app scalability . The .NET Framework 4.5 adds substantial improvements to other functional areas such as ASP.NET, Managed Extensibility Framework, Windows Communication Foundation, Windows Workflow Foundation, and Windows Identity Foundation. The .NET Framework 4.5 delivers better performance, reliability, and security.
For more information about these and other features of the .NET Framework 4.5, see the .NET Framework Developer Center website.
Note: The .NET Framework 4.5 redistributable was updated on 10/9/2012 to correct an issue related to an improper timestamp on a digital certificate which causes the digital signature on files produced and signed by Microsoft to expire prematurely. We recommend customers that previously installed the .NET 4.5 redistributable package dated 8/16/2012 install this updated .NET 4.5 redistributable package. More information about the issue can be found Microsoft Security Advisory 2749655.
Supported Operating Systems
Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows Vista Service Pack 2
- Windows Vista SP2 (x86 and x64)
- Windows 7 SP1 (x86 and x64)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (x64)
- Windows Server 2008 SP2 (x86 and x64)
- Hardware Requirements:
- 1 GHz or faster processor
- 512 MB of RAM
- 850 MB of available hard disk space (x86)
- 2 GB hard drive (x64)
- Note: Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 include the .NET Framework 4.5. Therefore, you don't have to install this software on those operating systems.
- On this page, choose the Download button.
- To install the software now, choose the Run button.
- To install the software later, choose the Save button. (When you install, the computer must be connected to the Internet.)
- This version of the .NET Framework runs side-by-side with the .NET Framework 3.5 and earlier versions, but performs an in-place update for the .NET Framework 4.
For important information about this release, see the .NET Framework 4.5 Readme File.