Counterfeit Software Report
Microsoft is committed to helping customers who may have inadvertently purchased suspect counterfeit Microsoft software.
Please tell us about your experience.
Microsoft is committed to helping our customers and to protecting your privacy. You may read the Microsoft Privacy Statement if you would like more information on how we protect customer information.
IMPORTANT: You must print a copy of the online counterfeit report that you completed. Your confirmation number is . Please save your confirmation number and use it for all communication with Microsoft.
- A printed copy of the online counterfeit report (see above)
- The counterfeit CD or DVD you purchased or received with your computer along with any additional software packaging
- The 5x5 product key, if this was requested when submitting your counterfeit report
- The original purchase receipt of the software or computer, including the date of purchase and the name and address of the seller
- Mail the printed report and documentation to the following address:
We recommend that you use a traceable shipping method, such as certified mail or a courier service, when submitting your order. This will minimize the risk of lost package during shipment, and ensure that your order reaches our processing center.
You can check the status of your request online at any time.
You should expect to receive an email from us within 1 business day.