Microsoft Store Price Protection Full Terms and Conditions
We want you to feel confident in your purchases at Microsoft Store. With Microsoft Store Price Protection, we promise you two things:
- Microsoft Store Price Adjustment. If you buy a qualifying new or refurbished physical consumer or commercial product at Microsoft Store or a Microsoft Experience Center and we lower the price of your item within 60 days of the date you receive the product, contact us and we’ll refund you the difference.
- Eligible Retailer Price Adjustment. If you buy a qualifying new physical consumer product at Microsoft Store or a Microsoft Experience Center and find an eligible retailer offers the exact same product for a lower price within sixty (60) days of the date you receive the product, contact us and we will refund you the difference.
Microsoft Store Price Adjustment
A Microsoft Store Price Adjustment is valid on purchases of qualifying new or refurbished consumer and commercial physical products made at Microsoft Store online and at Microsoft Experience Centers in select markets for 60 days from the date the product is received.
Eligible Retailer Price Adjustment
An Eligible Retailer Price Adjustment is valid on purchases of qualifying new physical consumer products made at Microsoft Store online and at Microsoft Experience Centers in select markets for 60 days from the date the product is received. Commercial products and refurbished products are excluded. See below for a full list of eligible retailers.
- Surface: Best Buy, Amazon
- Xbox: Best Buy, Amazon, Target, GameStop, Walmart
- Surface: Best Buy, Amazon
- Xbox: Best Buy, Amazon
Terms and limitations
When requesting the price adjustment, customer must refer the Microsoft associate to the published advertisement or product sale listing of the eligible retailer. Microsoft reserves the right to verify an eligible retailer’s advertised price and availability of the product. If Microsoft is not able to verify the lower price, we may decline the request.
The product sold by the eligible retailer must be identical to the product at Microsoft Store or a Microsoft Experience Center: brand name, size, weight, color, quantity, specifications, and model / SKU number must be the same. The product must also be in stock for purchase at the eligible retailer at the reduced price. Offers found on deal websites must be available at the eligible retailer’s primary website and must meet all other requirements.
No rain checks will be issued for products out of stock at Microsoft Store or Microsoft Experience Center to match an eligible retailer’s price.
We reserve the right to limit quantities per customer.
The following are excluded from Eligible Retailer Price Adjustments:
- Clearance, closeout, liquidation sales, damaged, open package, refurbished, pre-owned, or rent/lease to own items, storewide or category promotions, non-branded items, or prices that only display on a website after guests log in.
- Competitor lightning or flash sales (including Amazon Prime or Amazon Fresh Exclusive offers), coupon offers, loyalty programs or offers, promotional codes, credit card offers, financing, service offers, bundled offers, sales tax promotions, bundles, free items, targeted / personalized offers, and rebates and mail-in offers.
- Pricing due to typographical errors,
- “Marketplace” prices from third party or private sellers.
Terms applicable to both Microsoft Store Price Adjustment and Eligible Retailer Price Adjustment
- Price Adjustment must be requested within 60 days after the customer receives the product and cannot be completed at time of purchase.
- Customer is eligible only if the product is in stock for purchase at Microsoft Store or a Microsoft Experience Center. Customer must contact Microsoft to request the adjustment..
- For purchases from Microsoft Store, contact Microsoft Store Sales and Support with your Microsoft Account information and any other information requested by a representative.
- For purchases from a Microsoft Experience Center, you must return to the location with your receipt..
- Price adjustment will be provided in the same manner as purchase method.
- Limit 1 price adjustment per product. If a customer receives a Microsoft Store Price Adjustment, the customer is no longer eligible for an Eligible Retailer Price Adjustment. If a customer receives an Eligible Retailer Price Adjustment, the customer is no longer eligible for a Microsoft Store Price Adjustment.
- Price adjustments apply only to purchase price and do not include taxes, shipping, or other fees.
- Excludes Surface Hub, HoloLens, and Windows DevKit.