Key services we offer for the lifecycle of each device
Microsoft has multiple service options for pre- and post-deployment and customizable solutions to fit your business needs.
Imaging and provisioning
Deploy your image on multiple systems simultaneously.
- Windows imaging
- Intune provisioning 🛈 with device deployment via Windows Autopilot 🛈
- Windows Autopilot out-of-box pre-provisioning 🛈
- Desktop or server imaging
- Storage management
- Firmware updates
Track assets accurately using scannable QR and bar-coding options.
- Custom asset tagging, including laser etching
- BIOS tagging
- Asset tag reporting
- Easily integrates into existing asset management systems
Custom packaging and delivery
Ship devices to multiple locations with options for consolidation and custom labeling and branding.
- Palletization for one shipment
- Kitting for all products delivered in one box
- Logo laser etching
- Vinyl skin printing and application 🛈
- Delivery to one or multiple locations
Asset disposition, trade-in, and recycling
Destroy data and recycle while recovering value at the end of the device lifecycle.
- Data destruction
- End-of-life device recycling 🛈
Surface Hub install and training
Surface Hub deployment, training, and integration for your business.
- Surface Hub installation, wall mounted or on a stand
- Onsite or remote integration to Microsoft Teams Rooms and Exchange
- Onsite or remote Hub and Teams Room training
Manage and safeguard your devices throughout their full lifecycle.
- Advanced Exchange 🛈
- Asset recovery
- Repair support
Optimize your investment with lifecycle management services
How services help your business
Work with us to choose services tailored to you—like custom packaging/delivery, preconfigured imaging, and logo etching.
With the purchase of a device, you have access to complimentary resources to grow your business by deploying solutions correctly from the start.
Gain visibility by being able to manage all IT assets on a continuous basis.
Safeguard your data with asset tracking, endpoint protection, and data destruction before devices are retired.
Personalized services to accommodate your work style, with flexible Surface Hub installations, onsite or remote training, and integration options to fit your needs.
Frequently asked questions
Yes. Some lifecycle management services need to be added at the time of a device purchase. Call us at 866-425-4709 to discuss which services you’d like to add before you place your devices order. The services “Surface Hub install and training” and “Asset disposition, trade-in, and recycling” can be added post purchase.
Yes. Device lifecycle management services are designed to be customized to your unique business needs. The services on this page are just examples of what we offer. Call us at 866-425-4709 to talk through which services are right for you.
Computer imaging refers to the creation and capture of an image of an operating system (OS) from a reference computer for the purpose of deploying it to another computer or network of computers. Imaging is usually done when IT teams set up new computers, refresh or fix existing ones, or upgrade devices to the latest OS version. In many organizations, corporate OS images are created and configured to organizational standards and deployed to user devices.
When a new version of an operating system (OS) is released, you’ll need to update the existing OS version to the latest release. This is a firmware update. Firmware updates help apply changes to your devices, such as bug fixes and new features.
Asset management is how an IT team ensures that a business’s devices are tracked, deployed, updated, and disposed of. Asset management is typically managed with Serial Numbers. Asset management can be streamlined by using modern tracking methods, like QR codes and bar codes.
Windows Autopilot simplifies the device deployment process—from IT configuration to employee setup. Create a customized out-of-box experience of preconfigured settings, and then deploy to employee devices via the cloud. Employees connect their devices to the internet, answer some quick setup questions, and Autopilot installs all preconfigured user, device, and app policies. Autopilot requires Azure Active Directory with MDM functionality, which is available with Microsoft 365 Business Premium or other eligible subscription. Learn about Windows Autopilot licensing requirements and Windows Autopilot for pre-provisioned deployment.
Microsoft Intune is a mobile device management (MDM) service that works with Windows Autopilot. Intune lets you set up and manage mobile (or remote) devices via the cloud. Enroll each device in Intune to ensure the device aligns with your business policies. Intune deploys and enforces your policies through a management profile, which is installed on the mobile device during enrollment. Intune also allows employees to use their personal mobile devices for work.
Advanced Exchange is a benefit when you purchase Microsoft Extended Hardware or Microsoft Complete protection plans for Surface for Business devices. This benefit entitles you to a replacement Surface immediately upon request—no need to ship back the device to be replaced beforehand. Available with select Surface for Business devices purchased at Microsoft Store.3
Microsoft works with a recycling partner to facilitate end-of-life management for devices. We offer a recycling program for PCs and several other devices, accessories, and batteries. Contact a sales team at 866-425-4709.
The Microsoft Store Trade-in Program is powered by Teladvance, a company that specializes in electronics reuse and recycling. Trade in your eligible used laptops, desktops, tablets, and phones. You get cash back and your devices get a new home—or they’re recycled in a responsible way.2 Learn more about trade-ins.
Why shop at Microsoft Store
From free shipping and returns to expert support and online workshops, we’re here to help you do more with best-in-class devices, software, games, and resources.
Business product experts here to help
We can answer questions, help you find the right solutions for your business, and save time and IT resources on deployment.
Savings and flexible financing
Maximize your IT budget with flexible payment options, discounts on multiple devices, and more.
Coverage and protection plans
Safeguard your investment with accidental damage coverage, next-business-day replacement, SSD data retention, and more.
Build your skills with a product expert. Get your team to sign up for online training courses or book an appointment for one-on-one learning.
-  Additional charges apply.
-  Available only through the Microsoft online store in the United States (including Puerto Rico). Offer valid for reimbursements after trade in of qualifying devices (PC, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, video game console). To be eligible for trade in, you must own the qualifying device, device must power on, battery must hold charge and not be required to be plugged in to operate, and be in fully-functional, working condition without broken/missing components, cracked display/housing, liquid damage, modification(s) or have device warranty seal broken. Device cannot be password protected, and must include original chargers/accessories, and must contain hard drive. Customer must mail in the qualifying trade-in device to be eligible for the reimbursements. All trade-ins are final. Cannot be transferred or otherwise redeemed for cash or gift cards, or credit towards other devices or products. May not be combined with other offers. Price discount does not include taxes, shipping, or other fees. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Microsoft reserves the right to modify or discontinue offers at any time. Other exclusions and limits may apply.
-  Advanced Exchange Service is available at no additional charge with the following Surface for Business products: Surface Pro 8 for Business, Surface Laptop Go, Surface Book 3, Surface Go 2, Surface Laptop 3, Surface Pro 7, Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 6, and Surface Laptop 2. Advanced Exchange is only available in supported markets. Restrictions apply. See Surface for Business warranty page for AES terms and conditions and list of supported markets.