Surface Membership Program
Thank you for your interest in the Surface Membership Program. The Surface Membership Program is designed exclusively for our business customers located in the United States. Surface Membership provides business customers with Microsoft retail store support services, discounts, and other benefits.
The Surface Membership Program also provides program participants with access to our Surface Membership Lease program, where you can use the flexibility of a lease2 for certain equipment (including upgrade and purchase options). As a Surface Membership Program member/participant, you will be entitled to the following:
- Support Services. As a benefit of participating in the Surface Membership Program, you will receive both Microsoft in-store and remote support services and benefits relating to your leased devices at no additional cost, such as:
- In-store device set-up
- In-store Personal training sessions (limited to one (1) 60 minute session per week)
- In-store Answer Desk consultative services
- Services available 7 days per week during normal store business hours.
- Services on more than three (3) devices per individual store visit is subject to the store's available inventory and appointment calendar, and may require devices to be shipped to Microsoft’s customer servicing and support center for servicing.
- Remote Microsoft Complete for Business support
- Surface Membership Services Line (1.844.834.8667)
- Available during the normal hours of 6am to 5pm PT Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- Discounts. Enjoy discounts3 on in-store purchases of hardware, software and other items as part of your Surface Membership program.
- Your Selected Device Bundle. Select the Surface device and peripherals that work for you.
- Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 Devices
- Type Cover Keyboard (Surface Pro 4 only)
- Surface PeN
- Surface Dock Station (optional)
- Software and Other Accessories.
- Additional software and accessories are available for separate purchase outside the Surface Membership Program.
- Select from available Microsoft cloud based software offerings such as Office365 and have the software license fees invoiced monthly with your equipment lease payments.
- Standard Warranty. All Microsoft hardware products come with our standard, limited warranty.
- Microsoft Complete for Business Extended Service (Warranty) Plan with Accident Damage & Handling Coverage. All Surface Membership Surface devices include the Extended Service Plan with Accidental Damage and Handling protection in the monthly price.
If you are interested in signing up for the Surface Membership Program and/or the Surface Membership Lease Program, please request a membership and finance application from any Microsoft sales associate.
Surface Membership Lease Program
The following is a summary of the lease terms associated with the Surface Membership Program:
- Eligibility. Surface Membership Program is limited to business customers located in the United States (excluding Puerto Rico) only. Participation is subject to credit approval.
- Price. Monthly lease rates4 can be found at: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/store/b/surfacemembership
- Minimums. Program participants can lease single units through the Surface Membership Program.
- Lease Term. Program participants can select terms of 18 and 24 months. At the end of the lease term, program participants have the option to return the leased equipment unless a new lease is signed, or the purchase option is exercised.5
- Purchase Option/Buy-Out. Program participants may exercise purchase option (buy-out the lease) at any time. Just pay all the remaining lease payments remaining under the lease, plus a purchase option fee equal to one month payment on 18 month leases and two monthly payments on 24 month leases.
- Upgrade. Program participants may request to upgrade their device/accessory package after successfully making 12 payments on an 18 month lease and 18 payments on a 24 month lease without any fees or penalties, by returning the device / accessory package to LiftForward and signing a new Surface Membership term. Program participants may be required to obtain additional credit approval and execute new lease documentation.5
- Returns and Cancellations. Returns and cancellations are subject to Microsoft Store’s standard thirty 30 day return policy, unless the device/accessories have been physically altered or damaged. All original components must be included in a return. In the event of a lease cancellation where a member does not return all original components within the 30 day window, such member will be treated as exercising the purchase option under the lease agreement terms and will be billed the purchase option fee by LiftForward 5.
- Software License. Additional software licensed from LiftForward will be subject to the terms of the applicable license agreement with LiftForward. In most cases software licenses obtained through LiftForward in connection with a lease may be continued following the buy-out or upgrade of a lease.
Surface Membership Program
- Purchase Limits and Quantity Microsoft reserves the right to limit the quantities of items available for new orders. Not all products may be available at under Surface Membership pricing and some limitations may apply. Microsoft Surface Membership program benefits are not valid on prior orders or purchases, and cannot be transferred or otherwise redeemed for cash or coupon code.
- Pricing and Price Reductions/Corrections Microsoft reserves the right to change the price for products on the Surface Membership Program at any time prior to a customer placing an order. If after an order has been placed, Microsoft considers that a pricing error has been made, Microsoft reserves the right to cancel the order. Customers will be fully refunded if the customer has paid for the order. The Microsoft Store reserves the right at any time after receiving your order to accept or decline your order for any reason. If Microsoft cancels an order after you have already been billed, Microsoft will refund the billed amount. If you purchase an auto-renewal subscription (e.g. Office 365) at a discounted price through the Surface Membership Program, the subscription will renew at the full price as specified in your acknowledgement of order.
- Business Customers Only; No purchase for resale The Microsoft Surface Membership Program sells and ships products to end-user customers only. You may not purchase products from Microsoft for resale, and we reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order if we suspect resale activity.
- United States Sales Only The Microsoft Surface Membership Program is valid only in the United States (not including Puerto Rico).
- Audit Rights Microsoft reserves the right to refuse an order without satisfactory proof of identification in relation to the eligibility criteria. Microsoft may audit the purchases of customers to ensure that all purchase/lease conditions have been observed.
 This information is provided for promotional purposes only and does not represent a commitment to finance. Nothing contained herein is meant to constitute tax or accounting advice. Surface Membership Program terms and offers are subject to change.
 It is the responsibility of each Surface Membership Program participant to determine the tax and accounting consequences of participating in the Surface Membership Program. Your ability to participate in the Surface Membership Lease Program is subject to credit approval by LiftForward and your execution of all required leasing documentation. No equipment security deposit required. Customer is responsible for insurance and any repairs. If service or lease is cancelled early, the remaining lease payments may become due immediately and customer must return the device or pay the purchase option fee. Leasing is subject to device availability and monthly payments may vary.
Surface Membership Program offers or discounts are subject to change. Some Surface Membership Program offers may be valid for a limited time, and limited quantities may be available. Certain exclusions and limitations may apply. Surface Membership Program discount is available to members with a valid membership, while supplies last. Offer not valid online. Surface Membership Program discount may not be combinable with other promotional pricing or offers. Only available to Surface Membership Program participants. Not valid on prior orders or purchases; cannot be transferred or otherwise redeemed for cash or gift cards. Offer only valid on select products. Exclusions include, but are not limited to, the following: gift cards, pre-ordered products, Volume Licensing, contract phones, Microsoft Band. Discount applies before taxes, shipping and other fees. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. False representations of eligibility voids this offer, and Microsoft reserves the right to collect the full price of product(s) ordered. Microsoft reserves the right to modify or discontinue offers at any time.
 The final monthly rate will vary with the Surface device, lease term, options selected and any licensed software added to the bundle.
 See full Surface Membership Lease Program terms for more information. Upgrades are subject to the continued participation of LiftForward in the Surface Membership Lease Program.