Microsoft Purview Information Protection
Understand what data is sensitive and business critical; then manage and protect it across your environment.
Go Beyond Data Protection with Microsoft Purview
Discover new capabilities that will transform how you secure your organization's data across clouds, devices, and platforms.
Protect data wherever it lives
Experience built-in labeling and protection in Microsoft 365 apps and services and other Microsoft services.
Get accurate classification with machine learning-based trainable classifiers and exact data match.
Unified admin console
Configure and manage policies and view analytics across on-premises, Microsoft 365 apps, services, and Windows devices in one place.
Extend a consistent protection experience to popular non-Microsoft apps and services with an SDK.
Protecting data is a critical need
Key features of Microsoft Purview Information Protection
Scan across data at rest and in use to classify across on-premises, SharePoint, OneDrive, Exchange, Microsoft Teams, endpoints, and non-Microsoft cloud apps.
Apply labels to identify sensitive information or proprietary data with built-in and trainable classifiers.
Gain a better understanding of user activities related to your sensitive data and how that data is being used.
Take a deeper view into documents containing sensitive data and get the context you need to create data protection policies.
What customers are saying
EY needed secure collaboration
EY needed to control internal and external user access to SharePoint with Microsoft Purview Information Protection.
Fortuna Dusseldorf shields player data
Fortuna Dusseldorf used sensitivity labels to protect players’ confidential personal information.
Microsoft 365 E5 Compliance
Originally starting from £9.90 now starting from £9.90
(annual subscription-auto renews)
Microsoft Purview Information Protection is a part of Microsoft 365 E5 Compliance Suite
Microsoft offers comprehensive compliance and data governance solutions to help your organization manage risks, protect and govern sensitive data, and respond to regulatory requirements.
* Customers currently licensed for Enterprise Mobility + Security E3, Office E3, or Microsoft 365 E3 are eligible to purchase or try the Microsoft 365 E5 Compliance suite. Microsoft 365 E5 Compliance capabilities and features are included in the Microsoft 365 E5 license.
Outstanding functionality for secure collaboration
Learn why KuppingerCole rates Microsoft as outstanding in functionality for secure collaboration.4
Achieving data security and compliance
Read the report to learn how Microsoft Purview Information Protection compares to other solutions.4
The benefits of Zero Trust
Read an economic analysis of a Zero Trust strategy using Microsoft solutions.5
Information Protection sessions
Watch past sessions from Microsoft experts on Information Protection to learn more about the product.
Make your future more secure. Explore your security options today.
-  IBM. Future of Cognitive Computing. November 2015.
-  UNCTAD website Data Protection and Privacy Legislation Worldwide web page.
-  The Forrester Wave™: Unstructured Data Security Platforms, Q2 2021, Heidi Shey, May 2021.
-  KuppingerCole Analysts, Market Compass, Secure Collaboration, Anne Bailey, May 31, 2022.
-  Forrester Consulting, The Total Economic Impact™ of Zero Trust Solutions From Microsoft, commissioned by Microsoft, December 2021.