Internet Explorer was retired on June 15, 2022
Database Experimentation Assistant 2.6
Database Experimentation Assistant (DEA) is a new A/B testing solution for SQL Server upgrades. It will assist in evaluating a targeted version of SQL for a given workload. Customers who are upgrading from previous SQL Server versions (SQL Server 2005 and above) to any new version of the SQL Server will be able to use these analysis metrics.
KB Articles:This version of DEA offers the following capabilities.
- Capture and replay of production database workloads through automated setup.
- Support for server side traces and XEvents.
- Perform statistical analysis on traces and/or XEvents collected using both old and new instances.
- Visualize data through analysis report via rich user experience.
- Ability to use SQL Authentication to both capture and replay.
- An Inbuilt replay tool in addition to already supported SQL Server Distributed Replay for simple workloads.
- Removed the dependencies of R and R-Interop.
- Ability to capture and replay on Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Managed Instance and SQL Server on Linux.
- Reporting improvements.
- Bug fixes and other performance improvements.
Supported Operating Systems
Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012, Windows 10, Windows 8.1 NET Framework 4.5 64-bit or above SQL Server 2014 or above
- Download and run 'DatabaseExperimentationAssistant.exe'