Microsoft Customer Agreement
Understand what’s different with the Microsoft Customer Agreement
A consistent and simplified purchase experience, with greater flexibility in how and where you buy.
Look for our Licensing News posts on the Microsoft Customer Agreement to learn more.
Microsoft is improving the purchase experience to better support all customers, whether you’re beginning a digital transformation or securing your place in a competitive market. Also, it doesn’t matter if your organization is big or small, you can still purchase through the Microsoft Customer Agreement. If an individual makes a purchase within your organization, you’re accepting the same agreement.
The Microsoft Customer Agreement delivers:
- An automated processing and a digital acceptance option.
- The ability to accept your terms once.
- Updates to the agreement as you add products to your portfolio.
Microsoft Customer Agreement FAQ
The Microsoft Customer Agreement is currently available through your Microsoft seller in Argentina, Australia, Canada, Chile, France, Germany, Greece, Puerto Rico, South Africa, the United Kingdom, the United States, Uruguay, and all Western Europe.
The Microsoft Customer Agreement is also available through Cloud Solution Providers (CSP) around the world. You can find a CSP partner here.
You’ll receive the Microsoft Customer Agreement from your Microsoft representative or your Microsoft partner. You can view the terms during the transaction checkout process.
- Azure services: Once you accept the Microsoft Customer Agreement, you can transition your Azure services right away—without any service interruption—and start getting a monthly bill. Then take advantage of new invoice and cost management capabilities to help you understand and optimize your Azure costs, all in the same portal where you manage your Azure services.
- All Microsoft cloud products and services, if you’re working with a CSP partner: All Microsoft cloud products and services available for purchase under the Microsoft Cloud Agreement in the CSP program are covered by the Microsoft Customer Agreement.
With the Microsoft Customer Agreement, if you’re buying directly from your Microsoft sales representative, you'll receive your invoices from Microsoft. If you’re purchasing through a partner under the Microsoft Customer Agreement, you’ll receive your invoice from the partner.
For customers currently buying Azure through their Enterprise Agreement Server & Cloud Enrollment, read the FAQ about transitioning to the Microsoft Customer Agreement.
You can review the Microsoft Customer Agreement here.