Microsoft Open Value affiliate participation policy
The Microsoft Open Value program and Open Value Subscription option allow customers to share agreements and accompanying benefits—such as price levels, centralized license management, and license transfer—with their legal Affiliates throughout a Defined Region. Consolidation of purchase, license transfer, and sublicensing is not allowed beyond the Defined Region boundaries identified below. The term “Affiliate” is defined in the relevant Open Value agreement.
The following table shows the Defined Region boundaries for Affiliate participation under the Open Value options. Customers and resellers must sign agreements and place orders with resellers within the same Defined Region. Other localte restrictions may apply for distributors.
Note: The table does not apply to the Open Value options for education organizations, government organizations or for charitable organizations. In these programs, the Defined Region is the country in which the customer is located. Open Value for charitable organizations is offered only in select regions.
Open Value Defined Regions
Affiliate Participation and Transaction Defined Region Boundary
- United States
- Argentina and Uruguay
- Central America: Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama
- The Caribbean: Jamaica, The Bahamas, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Trinidad and Tobago, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, and other Caribbean Islands
- Countries in the European Union (EU) and/or European Free Trade Association (EU/EFTA)
- Non-EU/EFTA Central and Eastern European countries/regions, including Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, and countries that are part of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) Note: Does not include Russia.
- Côte d'Ivoire, Egypt, Israel, Kenya, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, Zimbabwe, the Mediterranean, and other Middle Eastern and African countries
- Australia, Brunei, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, and other countries in the Southeast Asia and Pacific regions
- China, Hong Kong SAR, Macao SAR, and Taiwan
- Bhutan, Bangladesh, Maldives, Nepal, and Sri Lanka