Microsoft Partner Agreement - Available to accept!
December 31, 2019
As we transform the Microsoft commerce experience to better support customer needs and the demands of a cloud-first world, partners are also demanding a more agile and streamlined way to do business with Microsoft. This is why we have introduced the Microsoft Partner Agreement.
On September 1, 2019, the Microsoft Partner Agreement became available on Partner Center for partners participating in the Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) program to review and accept. It enables the partner’s authorization to transact, replacing the below agreements:
- Microsoft Cloud Reseller Agreement (MCRA) for CSP Direct Bill partners
- Microsoft Cloud Distributor Agreement (MCDA) for CSP Indirect Providers
- Microsoft Cloud Reseller Agreement Multi-Tier Amendment
- Terms and Conditions Agreement for the Indirect Reseller
- Microsoft Cloud Reseller Agreement for US Government Cloud
- Microsoft Cloud Distributor Agreement for US Government Cloud
All partners are required to accept the Microsoft Partner Agreement, including Indirect Resellers, prior to January 31, 2020, to ensure no disruption of their ability to create new customers or place new orders for existing customers in the CSP program. After that date, the acceptance of the Microsoft Partner Agreement will be required for all partners in the CSP program. Partners who have not accepted the Microsoft Partner Agreement will not be able to place new orders and will be limited to managing existing subscriptions only.
For all partners in the CSP program:
- Inform key stakeholders in your organization to review the Microsoft Partner Agreement.
- Accept the Microsoft Partner Agreement on the Partner Center dashboard page prior to January 31, 2020.
- For more information and to learn more about the Microsoft Partner Agreement and how it makes it easier for partners to do business with Microsoft, please visit this resources gallery page and check out the resources.
For Indirect Providers and Indirect Resellers:
- All CSP Indirect Resellers are required to onboard to Partner Center and accept the Microsoft Partner Agreement prior to January 31, 2020.
- Indirect Providers should direct their CSP Indirect Resellers to onboard to Partner Center and accept the new agreement using the Reseller onboarding resources.
- Indirect Providers can use the API to verify an Indirect Reseller’s signing status.